Author Topic: Sun-flare Add-On ".SUNFLARE" file  (Read 4723 times)

I was playing version 20 one day, and I saw a map that included a sun-flare I have not yet seen made in an add-on.
So then I decided to make it an Add-On myself.

I copied a normal add-on with the namecheck and description, ect.

Well then I saw something that was apparently a ".SUNFLARE" file.

How the hell do I make a .SUNFLARE file?

EDIT: Yes I have tried adding .SUNFLARE at the end of the name but it didn't change the file type.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:45:29 PM by Kamutog »

Make sure file types are visible, click the "View" button in Windows Explorer.

Make sure file types are visible, click the "View" button in Windows Explorer.
Yes I can see the file types, it says it is a PNG file even if I add .SUNFLARE at the end of the file's name.

I've seen videos on Youtube where people have done this, why can't I do it? Is it an option somewhere?

I was copying the way the Minecraft Sun/Moon Add-On was made, but I could not make a .SUNFLARE file.

Yes I can see the file types, it says it is a PNG file even if I add .SUNFLARE at the end of the file's name.

I've seen videos on Youtube where people have done this, why can't I do it? Is it an option somewhere?
It needs to say ".png" after the file name, not in a separate column. If you haven't turned on the file extensions you can type in "stuff.gif" and the extension column on the right will still say "PNG file" because the file name is "stuff.gif" but the extension is PNG thus making the full file name "stuff.gif.png".

It needs to say ".png" after the file name, not in a separate column. If you haven't turned on the file extensions you can type in "stuff.gif" and the extension column on the right will still say "PNG file" because the file name is "stuff.gif" but the extension is PNG thus making the full file name "stuff.gif.png".
That is what I am trying to do, simply add ".SUNFLARE" at the end of the file name to change the file TYPE to .SUNFLARE

That is what I am trying to do, simply add ".SUNFLARE" at the end of the file name to change the file TYPE to .SUNFLARE
You're doing it wrong. I'm assuming you have Windows. Go to any folder > Tools > Folder options... > View > Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"
Now you can change the file type yourself.

You're doing it wrong. I'm assuming you have Windows. Go to any folder > Tools > Folder options... > View > Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"
Now you can change the file type yourself.
Could I get a picture of that? I can't find "tools."

I just now found it, I am testing the sunflare and I might even release a few other sunflares from old maps.

I finnally am able to make a .SUNFLARE file, but it still does not work, what am I doing wrong?

This is the working one, even on the Freebuild gamemode.

EDIT: Just found that I had a JPEG image instead of JPG image.

EDIT 2: I fixed that but it still didn't show up, does the JPG file have to be a specific size? Evidence showing that the JPG images in the Minecraft sunflares are smaller says that image is the icon.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 08:34:29 PM by Kamutog »

The JPG file must be 64x64 and needs a -thumb suffix.

The JPG file must be 64x64 and needs a -thumb suffix.

So how am I to resize the file? Do I just go in paint, select it, then shrink it until it is 64x64?

Also, the file name would then have to be sunTHUMB.jpg right?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:20:24 AM by Kamutog »

Also, the file name would then have to be sunTHUMB.jpg right?
No. It would be SunFlareName-Thumb.jpg.

No. It would be SunFlareName-Thumb.jpg.

Ah, thank you. However, my question with resizing the icon to exactly 64x64 remains unanswered.