The Survivor 2299

Author Topic: The Survivor 2299  (Read 14997 times)

Fallout 3 is not a true fallout game and never will be.

Clunky gameplay, stuffty engine, boring colors, terrible story, almost all the quests were the same thing that involved going to some place to kill some stuff, lore that barely follows the old games. Also adding stuff like the mini nuke and adding a bunch of cartoony 1950's stuff was insulting.

Any questions?
My only beef with it was boring colors. Its supposed to be 50s stuff, if you know the first thing about lore. And yes, many of the quests were like that, but not almost all of them. If you want a top down, sprite based rp, than I can understand, but its a good fallout game in general.

My only beef with it was boring colors. Its supposed to be 50s stuff, if you know the first thing about lore. And yes, many of the quests were like that, but not almost all of them. If you want a top down, sprite based rp, than I can understand, but its a good fallout game in general.
It may have been a decent game, but it wasn't a good Fallout game.

It is Oblivion with guns with some of the fallout lore copy and pasted into it.

Fallout, Less 1950's than you think

Most of Fallout is actually inspired by the 1930's and 40's than the 50's.

Uhh current date is 11.14.13
Only if you live in a country that is bad at dates.

It's supposed to be their idea of the future

Most of Fallout is actually inspired by the 1930's and 40's than the 50's.
To me it seems like the 40s and early 50s culture with the 50s idea of the future.
New Vegas seemed a bit more like a cross between the wild west and the 1950s and 60s, but that's just me.

:(

Uhh current date is 11.14.13

right now where I am it's 14.11.13

right now where I am it's 14.11.13
That's a nice username you got there

On topic I'd be pumped for another fallout game. I liked both FO3 and FO:NV

i want the team who made new vegas to make a new one. new vegas was like the greatest game for a long time to me

Fallout 3 is not a true fallout game and never will be.

Clunky gameplay, stuffty engine, boring colors, terrible story, almost all the quests were the same thing that involved going to some place to kill some stuff, lore that barely follows the old games. Also adding stuff like the mini nuke and adding a bunch of cartoony 1950's stuff was insulting.

Any questions?
Nice Frank Horrigan picture, I always thought he was really badass.

I don't just play Fallout 3, I have one and two and I play both of them in 1080p resolution with the HD mod. I actually really loved the Fallout 3 story, something about walking across the wasteland to find your father then he sacrifices himself to protect you and actually have a chance at clean water.

You're not the only one that knows about Fallout one and two. I'm still trying to get Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel.

And for all of you saying this is fake.

We got it after it was said for the first time.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:30:05 AM by Navaro »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geLiEiAiQJA

"Not 1950's"

I'm pretty sure the game starting with bunch of news in 1950's fashion clarifies that it is the theme of the game.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:52:17 AM by Tonkka² »

It has more 1950's fashion more than anything.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 08:00:50 AM by Navaro »

It is clear 1950's, the technology is just more advanced and everyone born with skills to revolutionize art somehow ends up as a stillborn in that universe.

They reverted to the 1950's fashions but with adapted technology, the cars no longer used gasoline - instead nuclear powered.

I bet I can make harm angry by saying that I love fallout 3 and new vegas and I don't like fallout 1 and 2.

I super want fallout 4, But I guess this is looking fake :(

Although bethesda reveal a lot at Spike VGA's (For some reason? I don't think anybody actually likes this show?) so it's possible.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 08:17:29 AM by tails »