Poll

I might need a poll later on.

drendran accidently voted for this
145 (72.9%)
I'm using this mod.
54 (27.1%)

Total Members Voted: 198

Author Topic: Blockland Essentials - Server being remade from scratch  (Read 32604 times)

Features

Features:
  • Server
    • BLRS server, no admin abilities by default, use set a password to enable them.   /blrspassword <password>
    • Added a /blrsport <port> command to change the port of the BLRS server. Admin only. Uses TCP.
    • Support for the extra information in the players list. Can set the values (buttons) names and the stats for each player.
    • Player list stats comes with a default script with is used when slayer is used.
    • Posts BLRS information to the web index.
    • BVSS save format support - save/load commands
      • /bvsssave <filename> <description>                     //saves the file to the server's /saves/bvss/<filename>.bvs
      • /bvsssaveownership <filename> <description>    //saves with ownership
      • /bvssload <filename>                                            //loads bricks from the server's /saves/bvss/<filename>.bvs
      • /autosaveron
      • /autosaveroff
    • Autosaver, off by default, comes with commands
    • /getIP and /getPing commands

• Client
    • Toggle walk/run keybind.
    • Eventing tools
      • Move events up and down.
      • Copy event rows.
      • Delete event rows with one click
      • Save events
      • Load events in either overwrite or append mode.
    • FOV slider. In advanced tab in options. Choose between 10 and 150 degrees.
    • Auto-reconnect for joining full servers.
    • Separates host names and server names into two different tabs that can be indivdually sorted.
    • Adds space for more information onto the f2 players list screen.
    • Allows server to request you make tempoary keybinds to preform specific actions on the server.
    • BLRS client, open with keybind.
    • Save blockland files to the cloud.
    • Load saves from yourself and other people from the cloud.
    • Support for translations into other languages.

Pictures

Some of these pictures are a bit outdated, so there might be features you can't see.

For modders

Commands:
  • BVSS_addVar("type","isMineable");  --- The first arugment is the value of the brick to save, if the second value is true.
  • $statOneName, $statTwoName --- These are the button names. They're sent when a client connects.
  • updateStatOne(%client,%value); --- Updates the %client's first stat to %value for all connected players.
  • updateStatTwo(%client,%value); --- Updates the %client's second stat to %value for all connected players.
  • servercmdsyjacca though servercmdsyjacce are triggered when a client presses one of up to 5 temp bound keys
  • commandtoclient(%client,'requestkeybind',%name); --- requests that a client bind a key for %name

Change log
  • 17.11.2013 11:31 AM EST ---
    • Fixed bug where events that used the Named Brick target didn't load properly.
  • 18.11.2013 10:58 AM EST ---
    • When loading a save, the amount of loaded bricks, invalid positions bricks, and invalid datablock bricks are displayed.
    • If a save has been saved with ownership, but the brickgroup of the saved owner is unavailable it will save as a public brick
  • 20.11.2013 9:25 AM EST ---
    • Added a button (and version number) to the main menu that opens up a new settings gui.
    • You can now enable/disable the host name separation with this gui
    • Reorganized some of the scripts, split things into new script files.
    • Added an option to highlight BE enabled servers.  (10:10 AM)
    • Added a /blrsport command and reset the default blrs port to TCP 28000 (1:45 PM)
  • 01.12.2013 ??? ---
    • A lot has been added in the last week or so while I was on break.
    • Language support (but no languages yet)
    • The saving and loading to the cloud
    • The VCE extension was made a default part of the mod.
    • Some bug fixes
  • 01.12.2013 14:55 EST ---
    • Added a language selector in the BE settings GUI.
    • Includes default "english" language file so far.
    • Custom languages can go in config/client/languages
  • 01.12.2013 19:44 EST --- FOV Slider removed.
  • 04.12.2013 10:25 EST --- Added Danish translation, fixed %1 showing up on the main menu screen.
  • 05.12.2013 12:03 EST ---
    • Added Norwegian translation, made BE settings button more noticeable, expanded base english lang file.
    • Modified player list now only displayed on servers using the mod.

Other scripts for Blockland Essentials

If you want to use VCE values with the mod easily, get this:
(This was made default a few days ago (as on 1st december 2013))

Adds four commands:
/vcestatoneplayer %var
/vcestatoneclient %var
/vcestattwoplayer %var
/vcestattwoclient %var

Basically you choose which stat (one or two) you want to update, and then wheather or not it's a variable of the player or the client.
You said <var:pl:gold> so to use that you'd type:

/vcestatoneplayer gold

Simple enough, right?

For now you gotta type it each time you start the server. I'll make a version that saves your choices later on.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:01:17 PM by DrenDran »

I remember seeing this.
Will use nao.

This looks beautiful. Will download to try it out.

snip
I saw this gif before but I laughed harder then when I first saw it.

I'm going to have fun checking this for security holes and then abuse them fix them

I'm going to have fun checking this for security holes and then abuse them fix them
lol everyone is trying

i dunno why everyone is trying on this add-on

Name it Blockland Essentials

This is loving amazing.

Although the only part I don't like is that it takes away the host's name on the server list.
Whoops didn't read.

"Functionality+"
or
"SystemTools+"

Please set an option to have the server names the same instead of seperating the host name and server name

Please set an option to have the server names the same instead of seperating the host name and server name
IMO it's better with them separated, not sure why you would ever want it the original way...

plus that's its own mod I think.

no, it's included in this one

and yes, i want options to enable and disable every single thing in this mod

not even joking

From what I can glean from the OP, this is pretty neat. But without a name or some sort of tl;dr, its overall purpose is a bit ambiguous.

One request: You should make remote admin usable from outside of BL, maybe by hosting a low-resource webserver on the server running the addon, and allowing access to the admin interface from a web browser.