Blockland Essentials - Server being remade from scratch

Poll

I might need a poll later on.

drendran accidently voted for this
145 (72.9%)
I'm using this mod.
54 (27.1%)

Total Members Voted: 198

Author Topic: Blockland Essentials - Server being remade from scratch  (Read 32862 times)

Add a context menu like in Garry's Mod where client sided add-ons can be modified on the fly.
Basically RTB's add-on preferences but client-sided and add the ability to change key binds for client add-ons on the fly.

This is so usefull in so many ways. You got my download right now!

When I attempt to connect to my server, it just says after a few seconds "Connection Failed".
Is it because I'm using UPnP?

There's a default option that lets you see who the host is already.
The host's name is displayed in front of the server name. So my server called "Freebuild" would become "Mr.Noßody's Freebuild" to anyone who has it on.

Otherwise, really cool.
Really useful.

The host's name is displayed in front of the server name. So my server called "Freebuild" would become "Mr.Noßody's Freebuild" to anyone who has it on.

Otherwise, really cool.
Really useful.
That's not an option, that's how it always works. The master server sends host and server name as one string, so if someone is called "Mario's Bro" there is no way to seperate that from the server name, you'd get "Mario" as host and "Bro's Blockland Server" as server name.

When I attempt to connect to my server, it just says after a few seconds "Connection Failed".
Is it because I'm using UPnP?
Your BLRS server?
The idea of having the default BLRS port (TCP) be set to the default Blockland server port (UDP) was so hopefully the effects of upnp would also affect it. If that's not the case (I don't use it) then you'll have to port forward.

No duh lol, I made this so you can search and sort though both indivdually.

Otherwise, really cool.
Really useful.
This is so usefull in so many ways. You got my download right now!
Thanks, guys.

I'll be releasing new versions of this.
I guess the next one will at least include a version checker, to tell you if a new version is out.
Since I don't feel I could write a decent autoupdater.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 07:23:34 AM by DrenDran »

Your BLRS server?
The idea of having the default BLRS port (TCP) be set to the default Blockland server port (UDP) was so hopefully the effects of upnp would also affect it. If that's not the case (I don't use it) then you'll have to port forward.
Hmm.
Is the default port 28000?

Now we'll have 500 add-ons trying to use the same port.

So far i don't think there's been a problem

We should implement some kind of virtualhost setup.

We should implement some kind of virtualhost setup.
I actually already started something like that. I would love it if you continued it for me.

No duh lol, I made this so you can search and sort though both indivdually.
Thanks, guys.

Honestly, I thought it worked like showing build IDs in the player menu where it was default off.
Gonna be really weird not being able to see the hosts name in the server name. Why not both?
Some nice Blockland+ action.

Honestly, I thought it worked like showing build IDs in the player menu where it was default off.
Gonna be really weird not being able to see the hosts name in the server name. Why not both?
Some nice Blockland+ action.
I guess it's time to make an options menu...

This is like.

A god mixed holy grail mod.

The next update will not only change the name of the add-on (I'm going with "Blockland Essentials" at least for now) but will include a main gui with settings for the add-on, including the ability to enable and disable parts of it, it will also include a few formatting changes in the scripts themselves.

Any other features you've always wanted to see on blockland, while I'm at it?