Blockland Essentials - Server being remade from scratch

Poll

I might need a poll later on.

drendran accidently voted for this
145 (72.9%)
I'm using this mod.
54 (27.1%)

Total Members Voted: 198

Author Topic: Blockland Essentials - Server being remade from scratch  (Read 32789 times)

Thanks for the bump.
I get in a habit of not bumping things I'm not currently working on. Though that's not such a bad thing.

What do you mean "player's blah blah blah"?
You mean the ingame players list gui doesn't display the player count?
I guess I should answer your question about the server while this is bumped:
I disabled a few add-ons at a time and found that it was this add-on that caused a crash, but the console didn't seem to whine about it. The console.log in that thread was from the wrong run of Blockland.

I guess I should answer your question about the server while this is bumped:
I disabled a few add-ons at a time and found that it was this add-on that caused a crash, but the console didn't seem to whine about it. The console.log in that thread was from the wrong run of Blockland.
Ah, well.
I've had this mod on an otherwise vanilla blockland and run it on servers with tons of add-ons, both dedicated and otherwise.
While I'm sure this mod has bugs, I've never out right crashed.
I'm just going to assume it was another mod and it crashing was a coincidence, since every once in a while I crash as well, especially when on my Linux computer.

Ah, well.
I've had this mod on an otherwise vanilla blockland and run it on servers with tons of add-ons, both dedicated and otherwise.
While I'm sure this mod has bugs, I've never out right crashed.
I'm just going to assume it was another mod and it crashing was a coincidence, since every once in a while I crash as well, especially when on my Linux computer.
Honestly, it could be anything, it just seemed that disabling BE seemed to fix the crash but that very well could be a coincidence.

Thanks for the bump.
I get in a habit of not bumping things I'm not currently working on. Though that's not such a bad thing.

What do you mean "player's blah blah blah"?
You mean the ingame players list gui doesn't display the player count?
Here's what I mean:

This is Rammboy's server, but it says "Players".

Here's what I mean:
This is Rammboy's server, but it says "Players".
Notice the dash and lack of an apostraphe. It's not saying Player's Dogfight, it's saying there are 17/99 Players on the server.

Notice the dash and lack of an apostraphe. It's not saying Player's Dogfight, it's saying there are 17/99 Players on the server.
......................I'm stupid. Still though, isn't it supposed to say the host's name to the right of the dash?

......................I'm stupid. Still though, isn't it supposed to say the host's name to the right of the dash?
It is, and I would like it to display that.

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH I WANT TO DOWNLOAD IT 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 TIMES!!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH I WANT TO DOWNLOAD IT 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 TIMES!!!!!!!
Okay then, good enthusiasm I guess.

You want to download 8 terabytes of the same add-on?

I've completly rewritten the server from scratch.
The old server was getting worse and worse until it started crashing every few hours. This is why when people went to download my addons they often just got "page not found" errors.

The new server is up as you can see, but the save hosting, and the (blrs) server list still haven't been rewritten for the new server.

Bump.
You need to work on this more DrenDran.

A suggestion: if the extra columns in the player list are kills and deaths by default, than it should at least say Kills and Deaths by default, instead of One and Two.

Another suggestion: there should be an option to were a BE column is added to the server list where it displays if the server has BE or not. Instead of the server being highlighted pink. Also, if the server has BE, the "Yes" should be highlighted pink.
You should also be able to choose a color other than pink to display if the server has BE or not.

A bug: sometimes all servers are highlighted pink, not just the ones with BE and sometimes servers are highlighted pink that don't have BE(at least I'm assuming that Badspot does not have it on his server).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:09:39 PM by jes00 »

I have a suggestion for this too: an option to separate the kills and chat messages. You should put kills on the right but have them work like the chat with page up and page down. The problem with the one that was on rtb was that the kills stayed there forever

Bump.
You need to work on this more DrenDran.
True, ever since I moved to campus I haven't been playing or working on Blockland.
Hopefully this will all change with my new website.
A suggestion: if the extra columns in the player list are kills and deaths by default, than it should at least say Kills and Deaths by default, instead of One and Two.
It's default if it's enabled and the server has slayer as well.
IDK, maybe.
Another suggestion: there should be an option to were a BE column is added to the server list where it displays if the server has BE or not. Instead of the server being highlighted pink. Also, if the server has BE, the "Yes" should be highlighted pink.
You should also be able to choose a color other than pink to display if the server has BE or not.
Adding extra columns is quite a hassle, as I'd have to make a few different versions for different versions of the server list gui for each mod that's out there.

A bug: sometimes all servers are highlighted pink, not just the ones with BE and sometimes servers are highlighted pink that don't have BE(at least I'm assuming that Badspot does not have it on his server).
This occurs because it checks by IP.
If one server has it, then every other server on that IP will be highlighted as well.
This effect is pretty bad because of all the servers these days using hosting services like Kalphiters and RTB.
I have a suggestion for this too: an option to separate the kills and chat messages. You should put kills on the right but have them work like the chat with page up and page down. The problem with the one that was on rtb was that the kills stayed there forever
I could take a look at it and edit it to not stay forever.
Sure, I just don't want to be accused of stealing add-ons/ideas.

Anyway, the biggest thing for this mod that needs to be done right now is getting the server back up.

DrenDran should add support for UI replacement when you switch languages.