Author Topic: Am i allowed to post how to get v20?  (Read 3412 times)

Hello guys, a lot of people really miss the old maps, and a couple people have been hosting version 20 servers. And to let people know that it's still possible, i wanted to make a post, but i had a slight feeling i might not be allowed to :/ Am i allowed to, and will i get banned? Thanks!

EDIT: How do i lock a post, i must have missed it in "help" derp
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 07:03:28 PM by Blockaium »

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 06:37:50 PM by eldruF »

everyone knows

posting it will get you banned probably

If you have to ask, it probably isn't allowed.

should be banned just for asking.

should be banned just for asking.
Personally I don't understand why it's bannable
Why does minecraft allow players to use pass versions, but on blockland it's bannable? Just general rules?

Why does minecraft allow players to use pass versions, but on blockland it's bannable? Just general rules?
I think it's sarcasm

Blockland needs an version changer just like how Minecraft has one built in it's launcher.

Badspot

• Administrator
Am i allowed to post how to get v20?
No you are not.  Running the old version fragments the userbase and leads to unjoinable entries in the master server creating a public nuisance.  Also, running executables posted by random forum jerks is a bad idea.  

Minecraft has millions of users, so it doesn't matter if the userbase is massively fragmented.
Minecraft does not have a server browser, so old versions do not crap up the server list with unjoinable entries.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:15:14 PM by Badspot »

No you are not.  Running the old version fragments the userbase and leads to unjoinable entries in the master server creating a public nuisance.  Also, running executables posted by random forum jerks is a bad idea.  

Minecraft has millions of users, so it doesn't matter if the userbase is massively fragmented.
Minecraft does not have a server browser, so old versions do not crap up the server list with unjoinable entries.
Well sure it doesn't have a server browser with all the servers being hosted but it still has a server list where you manually add servers.
3 quarters of the servers on my server list are outdated due to mods not being updated to 1.7 still.

why the hell is there even an example of minecraft?

It would seem incredibly disrespectful to try and help people circumvent using the newer version that Badspot and Kompressor spent months trying to get out to us because of a petty lack of motivation to build oneself a map.

No you are not.  Running the old version fragments the userbase and leads to unjoinable entries in the master server creating a public nuisance.  Also, running executables posted by random forum jerks is a bad idea. 

Can you make this an official forum rule:

Do not post previous versions of Blockland on the forums.  (Revisions are different, but why would you post them anyways?)