Poll

Forced avatars (survivors would get a grey hoodie, bandits would stay the same, and then ZRT would get something cool idk) voting will end sometime idk

Yes, I like being able to tell who is a bandit better and not knowing who everyone is
15 (32.6%)
No, I like knowing who people are from their avatars
31 (67.4%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Sord213's Zombie Wasteland Server -v1.06 - New poll - downtime  (Read 16710 times)

Changelog
New website here!

Teamspeak server ts31.gameservers.com:9118

Become a VIP today!
You can now pay to earn VIP status. VIP status grants you access to multiple special features and benefits. First off you gain access to the Zombie Response Team HQ . You also gain access to the Zombie Response Team...team. They spawn with an upgraded melee weapon than standard survivors and tactical vest to give you a slight edge in the wastes. VIP is only $10 and that will grant you VIP status for life and anything else that get's added to VIPs. VIPs also get free access to the 6 slot playertype, rather than having to buy it from the normal player shop.
Future benefits will include
  • Free item storage chest in the vault
  • Access to special items only VIPs will get
  • Access to any future VIP buildings, which will include better benefits inside
  • Much more
Purchase VIP status on the website above. Money earned from VIPs will go towards the server costs.

Details
Hello yes my name is Sord213 and I have a ~special~ zombie survival server. Why is it special, you may ask? Well, one of the delightfully overwhelmingly amazing (read: annoying) features is the randomized looting system. What does this mean? For starters, it means that you can't instantly go to that one spot that has all the best guns and be the most well equipped player in the server! You can still go to the better looting areas, but there's no guarantee that you'll get something good.

Short and sweet list of features
Randomized loot
Lots of zombies
PVP and all of the whining it includes
Tough zombies
Large map specifically made for zombies
Family sized fun
Free donuts with purchase of donuts
Lots of death
Frying pans

The loot system.
THIS PART IS BEING REDONE
Loot is placed into an assorted array of boxes, simply called loot boxes. Loot boxes can be found anywhere around the map and contain a variety of different things depending on the box.

Pictures (because I have nothing else to really type and I don't want to type more)

Issues with the server
This server is very far from perfect. On a regular basis the loot boxes mess up, zombies sometimes go all goofy like, lag is common(framerate and network latency), and ghosting takes aggesss. Don't come and expect a perfect server that plays without issues. It also uses defualt bots/zombies, for all that includes. For time time being I'm calling it beta, but you should think of it more as a "proof of concept". IT HAS ISSUES

Hosting
I only host this when I'm capable of being there. The main reason being zombies don't take damage while I'm not there. I have an RTB server for hosting this, but that's just so you don't have to deal with lag from my computer/internet connection. This server is not 24/7 until I can find a way to ensure zombies always take damage while I'm there.

Changelog
Changelog in MM/DD/YY format
11/20/13
  • Redid all of the boxes' loot spawns/chances/respawns
  • Because of the above I had to delete and replace EVERY loot box on the map
  • Added second survivor camp
  • Fortified some spawn points
  • Added changelog itself
  • Added credits because ~weh~
  • Put in some special ~~~~FUN~~~~ things for me to irritate everyone on the server with
  • Added military gun box

11/22/13
  • Finished fortifying (hopefully) every spawn. No more (hopefully) getting mauled the instant you go into the map(:( )
  • Retuned boxes again, fixing an issue which occurred in the last update that caused loot to never ever spawn.
  • Started working ~The Vault~! What could it be? it's a mystery oooooo
  • Fixed a few varied things that are of little importance
  • Made this topic #wow #omg #soamazing

11/22/13 v0.06
  • Increased chances for all loot boxes to spawn items by a notable amount
  • Added damage vignette to tell your health easily
  • Some zombies now only spawn at dusk and then despawn at dawn
  • Further worked on the vault
  • Changed the way you enter the map due to SOME PEOPLE abusing the old (somewhat broken) system
  • Buffed/nerfed some weapons. Notable is a couple melee items got lowered damage and some guns got buffed
  • Nerfed zombies (you big babies). Zombie forward run speed, damage, and detection range (this last one's a good one though) were all lowered. No more whining.

11/24/13 v0.07
  • Added temporary point shop, only has non gamewinning items and is expensive
  • (Pre 0.07 but i need to put it in anyways) added a button to swap to the bandit team
  • (Hopefully) fixed boxes not respawning randomly
  • Upped zombie forward run speed to 5 again. they're still slower than you while you run away, but not backpeddling
  • Fixed some random things here and there
  • Removed item storage because it's broken on dedi servers. AKA vault project is cancelled

11/26/13 v0.08
  • Completely redid boxes from the ground up.
  • Added new zombie type to the military bases. Strong zombies, 200hp, 20 damage, longer sight radius, has abilities to avoid/jump over obstacles and such
  • Added three new box types. Gun box special, ammo box special, and armor box
  • Added gravity cat's body/head armors to the rare armor box
  • Added a more looting areas, opened up a couple buildings
  • Finished VIP areas. Becoming a VIP grants you access to the Zombie Response Team HQ which features a VIP only point shop and the VIP lounge. Also grants you access to the Zombie Response Team...team. Entrance to VIP areas is the old "The Vault" entrance, now "VIP Vault".
  • Because I never actually put it on the changelog; added admin(me) caused special events including: weapon supply drops, ammo drops, medical drops, and artillery strikes
  • Redid boxes again due to an issue that the previous re-eventing caused
  • Much more

12/10/13 V1
  • New map! A large island map with tons of space and loot boxes everywhere!
  • Reshuffled loot boxes items that they spawn, spawn rates, added a couple new ones, and removed some
  • Removed loot boxes are: Gunbox medium (4x4), item box(main 2x2)
  • New boxes are: Household box(basically itembox), miscbox(meleebox), mechanic box (holds your common mechanics gear, also includes pipe wrenchs and gas canisters for when vehicles get added in
  • Shuffed boxes: Medical boxes(only contains med supplies now), gunbox (2x8(It's now more of a sniper/long gun box)), gunbox special (2x8(contains chainsaw, rpg, GL, some other specials)), ammoboxes got tuned a bit
  • A lot more

12/13/13(some 12/1213) No version change
  • Added the fuel box (Orange 2x2) that only spawns fuel at a decent chance
  • Added VIP Garage off the ZRT headquarters with a VIP jeep, and some fuel boxes that have a high chance to spawn fuel
  • Skill4Life added a gas station which has a bunch of fuel boxes
  • Sylvanor is building some stuff on the map
  • Started Dannar's Post, which will be a small spread out village with houses, maybe some bigger buildings, who knows
  • Skill4Life is adding another island which will house an airstrip which will be where you can get a helicopter.

In regards to the helicopter, it wont be a plain spawn, you will have to find "parts" (VCE based) around the map and fix up the helicopter before you can use it, then, of course, you'll have to fuel it. There will probably also be another settlement over there who knows
12/14/13 v1.01
  • LMG got a buff
  • Nerfed slug shotgun slightly
  • Continuing work on buildings for Dannar's Point
  • (technically this was yesterday) added aerial map

12/19/13 v1.02
  • Big change involving boxes and, hopefully, server strain
  • I completely removed(disabled) box timers. The way the timers worked was when you activated a box it started a variable based timer that would use 30 second increments. What this meant is every 30 seconds every box that had been activated was firing relays to increase the timer variable until it hit a certain point and it stopped then respawned. Seeing as theres ~1100 boxes (give or take) on the server I can only imagine that this put a lot of stress on the server. It also didn't work 100% of the time and sometimes the boxes never respawn, which is why I made a brickbased(no variables) timer that reset the boxes every 15 minutes, which only worked decently due to the fact that I was hitting the schedule limit because of all the boxes continually activating their events/timers.
  • So basically what I did is disable the boxes' timers and set the auto respawner to 5 minutes. Every box will respawn every 5 minutes, based on server time, not individual box timers. This should hopefully help a decent bit.
  • Fixed items with jet-based functionality(syringe, sniper carbines) not working. It was an issue with Gravity Cat's syringe items(not the healing syringe)
  • Messed with zombie counts and such

12/27/13 v1.04
  • Enabled heat mod. Lose body temp over time, you can find a fire/tent to heat up at.
  • Continued work on second smaller island
  • Added extra teams to join. Anyone can join the public teams, but you can only join the closed teams (ZRT and Builders) by some other force (me moving you or pressing one of the buttons). The reason for these teams is for player groups that want their own private team chat to help find their teammates and strategize with their teammates without anyone else hearing them. Use the buttons in the spawn to join another team. The other teams do not get ANY special weapons or benefits other than private team chats and team names.

1/3/14 v1.05
  • We were doing some map work when the DDoS hit so I wasn't able to recover some of it. I will be rebuilding this whenever I get some time. One major thing was I added expanded Nota City.
  • Guardian/Alexbob worked on a couple other islands near the mainland. I'll be updating the map soon.

1/11/14 v1.06
  • Added the blood/corpse mods.
  • To loot you press jet (default m2) to loot, I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to make corpses drop ammo like they did before but until then no ammo from bodies
  • A few map additions/changes here and there. Some more work on the resort and such
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 06:10:19 PM by DaSord213 »

This server seems to bring out the anger in most people, heh.

anyways, a little pre-update for next restart

Health Bar/vignette mods
Some zombies despawning during day and only spawning at night
zombie nerfs (QQ more)

melee weapons got nerfed? wtf bro

are you telling me that the standard melee item is now stronger than some weapons? or is that one of the ones you nerfed. that makes sense.

melee weapons got nerfed? wtf bro

are you telling me that the standard melee item is now stronger than some weapons? or is that one of the ones you nerfed. that makes sense.
I only lowered the damage on two weapons. Pipe and chef's knife. Made them lower tier weapons.

This server is rly good.
Although the chance of loot spawning in most of the boxes is veeeery small, especially civilian ammo and small gray box.
Oh, also, storage area in one of the survivor camps is broken.

This server gives a whole new resource in which it uses a nice looting system, while maintaining Bandits vs. Zombies vs. Survivors.

this is a p good server. the only major complaint i had was the map, which is kindve way too open along with a number of other things, but they are working on a new map so thats fixed. its p fun though, you guys should check it out.

also im totally down to help with anything you need help with on the server

EDIT: you should redo the box system as well, the dissapearing thing breaks often. i was on earlier and there were like 5 working boxes. js for whenever youre making the new map, something to consider
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:42:39 PM by RedGajin »

this is a p good server. the only major complaint i had was the map, which is kindve way too open along with a number of other things, but they are working on a new map so thats fixed. its p fun though, you guys should check it out.

also im totally down to help with anything you need help with on the server
Me too.

I was amazed by the quality of this actually
Half of the server banded thereto and made a safe haven in the bank
it was awesome

Here's a video of me on the server, playing around, achieving 45 kills in a row. Thought I would post it for the lols.

Click.

I was amazed by the quality of this actually
Half of the server banded thereto and made a safe haven in the bank
it was awesome
I led this group.

It was short lived though.

Also, I'd like to report that none of the item bricks and the crates what ever are respawning.

Although the chance of loot spawning in most of the boxes is veeeery small, especially civilian ammo and small gray box.
Wrong, it's actually pretty decent.

EDIT: you should redo the box system as well, the dissapearing thing breaks often. i was on earlier and there were like 5 working boxes. js for whenever youre making the new map, something to consider
I (hopefully) fixed this. Basically what the current map is for is getting the systems done and working then moving them onto a new map for a way better playing experience.

Anyways updated some stuff I'm going to add to the changelog

And one more thing, if anyone knows how to make it so the zombies (edited versions of default bots) continue to take damage and such when I leave the minigame/server please do tell. I'd appreciate it.

And one more thing, if anyone knows how to make it so the zombies (edited versions of default bots) continue to take damage and such when I leave the minigame/server please do tell. I'd appreciate it.
Ugh. Botholes are quite silly.
You can use public brickgroup for them to function properly even after you leave, though.
I'll still look into the issue, but I'm not sure if botholes can even be saved