Trains - Pack 2 Out

Author Topic: Trains - Pack 2 Out  (Read 49335 times)

I could film a video of the Clash Coaster in Halloweenfest if you want.

To be completely honest, the only reason I created Halloweenfest was because someone mentioned your amusement park and asked what I thought. I said it was pretty cool but I could make one better. They said I couldn't.
So I made Halloweenfest.
Haloweenfest was better (:

You used some old stuff though. Then again, I guess that's my fault for keeping development versions to myself all the time. Anyway, sure. Do it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 03:55:21 PM by chrisbot6 »

The add-on is broken.

Namecheck.txt says "Support_TrainsBeta", so it isn't even loaded.

The add-on is broken.

Namecheck.txt says "Support_TrainsBeta", so it isn't even loaded.
Whoops! Apologies. Uploading an updated file now.

EDIT: Fixed.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 04:04:11 PM by chrisbot6 »

Yay, it's about time!

Was tilting improved since the beta?

Yay, it's about time!

Was tilting improved since the beta?
Not yet. Need to make very precise edits to the models to combat Torque being handicapped.

This is amazing.

Chris - You should make an easier way to link different cars together. Having them just ride on the same track can be frustrating when they seperate because of boosters.

You should make an easier way to link different cars together.
You should try this yourself and notice that it's pretty much impossible
How would you make sure the vehicles keep a constant distance while staying safe on the track?
Calculate the track into a spline and try to keep the trains on that? In slow torkscript?

How would you make sure the vehicles keep a constant distance while staying safe on the track?
Calculate the track into a spline and try to keep the trains on that? In slow torkscript?
Just a system where if the front's speed updates, the others do too (boosters, brakes, etc)

Just a system where if the front's speed updates, the others do too (boosters, brakes, etc)
Random physics weirdness will break that system pretty fast.

It's not exactly an easy thing to implament. The Beta version had so many bugs and I've left the mod for a while waiting on JakeBlade for Train Pack 2 stuff.

Ah, fair enough.
Regardless, I'm super happy to see this released.

Off topic: I'm super sad to have missed Halloweenfest.

Random physics weirdness will break that system pretty fast.
Well this might aswell just be called the "One-Cart Roller Coaster Mod" then.

It's completely possible as long as they don't go too fast. Vehicles link together all the time.
Go look at the Skycrane.