Trains - Pack 2 Out

Author Topic: Trains - Pack 2 Out  (Read 48736 times)

I know that this topic is fairly old, but, has anyone figured out a way to get some form of track switch going on?
Turning raycasting off on a track part will prevent it from affecting the train.

Turning raycasting off on a track part will prevent it from affecting the train.
Ohhh nice!

Another question tho... did anyone make other rolling stocks for the current version of the mod that are more train like? I assume linking carts is not possible, or preventing them to stop when players are in the way? (i might be able to script this i suppose)

Also chris, do you have any schematics for nice looking rail curves? i've slowly started experimenting on curved track shapes but i'm  still trying to learn how to place the turn elements.

You mentioned earlier to build prefabs for rail sections... it's prolly not the right place to ask (noob here) but how do you make a prefab?

Can someone upload a mirror thats not media fire my pc screws over mediafire

Ohhh nice!

Another question tho... did anyone make other rolling stocks for the current version of the mod that are more train like? I assume linking carts is not possible, or preventing them to stop when players are in the way? (i might be able to script this i suppose) Lord Tony suggested adding this thing where players are killed by speeding trains, but I couldn't get anything like that working.

Also chris, do you have any schematics for nice looking rail curves? i've slowly started experimenting on curved track shapes but i'm  still trying to learn how to place the turn elements. If you're using default bricks, start by making a 90 degree turn out of 45 degree turns without anything underneath. Once you have that working with the train going around, duplicate it on top of a prebuilt corner track.

You mentioned earlier to build prefabs for rail sections... it's prolly not the right place to ask (noob here) but how do you make a prefab? It's just a dupe, basically. You make different track parts for each situation and arrange them together.

In other news, I'm really starting to doubt why I bothered adding third party mod support to this. Doesn't anyone want to make a train?

Yeah i got as far as to making the 45° turn, and using 22.5 degree pieces on the same turn to make it a little smoother, been playing in mspaint for a while to try to make the largest possible (nice looking) curve using 11.75 increments.

Right now i'm banging my head on how to come out of a 11.75 + 22.5°  - 22.5° - 11.75° track switching "bend" and remain centered.

I would love to make a train, if i can figure how to get it to sit on two bogies that maintain track contact.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:58:00 AM by DieAngel »

In other news, I'm really starting to doubt why I bothered adding third party mod support to this. Doesn't anyone want to make a train?
I might try and do some forgeted up looking trains, I suck at modeling but I can draw a nice blueprint :D

Yeah i got as far as to making the 45° turn, and using 22.5 degree pieces on the same turn to make it a little smoother, been playing in mspaint for a while to try to make the largest possible (nice looking) curve using 11.75 increments.

Right now i'm banging my head on how to come out of a 11.75 + 22.5°  - 22.5° - 11.75° track switching "bend" and remain centered.

I would love to make a train, if i can figure how to get it to sit on two bogies that maintain track contact.

brother

I'm working on making this train, for the mod.

Why is this still relevant?

Why is this still relevant?

I want to believe someone can make a legit train.

I started modeling my own block locomotive, a 16x8 (ish) Diesel Switcher for 6 block wide rails.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:07:48 PM by DieAngel »

I started modeling my own block locomotive, a 16x8 (ish) Diesel Switcher for 6 block wide rails.

That looks cool!