Author Topic: Event_Quests || Slay 10 Blockheads, and you shall join our clan  (Read 5962 times)

sorry for my anger outburst in the last topic, i can't really take criticism, but i will try to accept it gracefully this time

This is basically what the title states, Quest events! Now you can have an organized system of Quests without using VCE or some external event content. This supports features for giving your quest beginning and ending a neat little description to tell the user what they will do, and how they did in the end, and there is an objective system so the user must complete a certain number of objectives or tasks before officially completing the real quest.

Here is a reference for the events, and what they do:

OUTPUT createQuest - [QUEST NAME] [A SHORT, SIMPLE QUEST DESCRIPTION] [TOTAL NUMBER OF OBJECTIVES TO COMPLETE[]
OUTPUT completeObjective - [OBJECTIVE'S QUEST NAME] [LOCK, SO USER CANNOT ACTIVATE THIS OBJECTIVE ANYMORE]
OUTPUT endQuest - [END QUEST'S QUEST NAME] [A SHORT, SIMPLE DESCRIPTION, LIKE ON THE CREATE QUEST]

INPUT onQuestBegin - [CALLED WHEN THE USER ACCEPTS A QUEST]
INPUT onObjectiveComplete - [CALLED WHEN THE USER COMPLETES A QUEST OBJECTIVE]
INPUT onQuestEnd - [CALLED WHEN THE USER ENDS A QUEST]

I have tested this at my server, and it works just fine on my end. If you have any problems then please tell me. I haven't coded alot in a while so, yeah.

Download!

Neat.  How do you add objectives, and how do you define what objectives are a part of what quests?

And event example would be nice, that load of lines cannot fit into my brain this early

And event example would be nice, that load of lines cannot fit into my brain this early
It actually isn't that hard, tell me if I am right, I am taking this off of the topic.

Brick Name: H

0. OnBotActivated->Player->CreateQuest | Assassin | Assassinate Obama. | 1
1. OnBotActivated->Player->EndQuest | Kill Obama.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0. OnBotKilled->Player->CompleteObjective | Assassin
1. OnBotKilled->NamedBrick (H)->ToggleEventEnabled | 1

a nice simple way to have quests

p good way to go about it i guess

I'm going on a flight to another city and my laptop is already packed and I can't do it on my phone so I will make a little simulation once I get the chance

Perhaps you could make a readme.txt in the zip?

Brick Name: H

0. OnBotActivated->Player->CreateQuest | Assassin | Assassinate Obama. | 1
1. OnBotActivated->Player->EndQuest | Kill Obama.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0. OnBotKilled->Player->CompleteObjective | Assassin
1. OnBotKilled->NamedBrick (H)->ToggleEventEnabled | 1

So, how do I do something for like kill 10 monsters?

Use it with VCE.

Code: [Select]
onObjectiveComplete >> Self >> VCEifValue <var:cl:RemainingQuestItems> == 0  ""

onVariableFalse >> Client >> VCEmodVariable RemainingQuestItems Subtract 1

onVariableTrue >> Self >> endQuest

I think that some of the error messages should be removed or optional.

Some bot you talk to, to start the quest.
onBotActivated -> Self -> createQuest | Ogre Slayer | Kill 10 Ogres. | 10

Events on Ogre spawns.
onBotKilled -> Self -> completeObjective | Ogre Slayer | [  ]
onBotKilled -> Self -> endQuest | Ogre Slayer

Now you can have an organized system of Quests without using VCE or some external event content
But this mod IS external content.....

I think that some of the error messages should be removed or optional.
Some bot you talk to, to start the quest.
onBotActivated -> Self -> createQuest | Ogre Slayer | Kill 10 Ogres. | 10

Events on Ogre spawns.
onBotKilled -> Self -> completeObjective | Ogre Slayer | [  ]
wait so doesn't that just make it when I kill 1 ogre it completes the quest instead of 10?

Killing multiple bots works by setting multiple objectives, and making each bot complete an objective.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
die

How does it know when you have killed the 10 ogres?

Edit: Like how do you assign what bots are applicable to the quest.

wait so doesn't that just make it when I kill 1 ogre it completes the quest instead of 10?
No, because the total number of objectives to complete is set to 10.
How does it know when you have killed the 10 ogres?

Edit: Like how do you assign what bots are applicable to the quest.
It's 10 Ogres because of the total number of objectives to complete is set to 10.

You assign which bots are applicable to the quest by putting the below events only on Ogre spawn bricks.
onBotKilled -> Self -> completeObjective | Ogre Slayer | [  ]