[PACK] Quake-Type Weapons (and some other stuff)

Author Topic: [PACK] Quake-Type Weapons (and some other stuff)  (Read 39695 times)

these weapons are so dangerous that you need a key to toggle the safety

could you be nice and rehost the add-ons on a different service? hostr doesn't seem safe.

the forget? i use hostr for pretty much everything

What's the difference between this pack and the other one?

What's the difference between this pack and the other one?

This one is more stylized and overall like 300% better.
Have you even used them yet?

he means compared to the version in mod discussion, not tier+tactical

also, the answer is 3 new weapons and full item icons and cis

Are you gonna continue adding on to it over time?

if people give me neat ideas sure

How original do these neat ideas need to be
like, can they be based on stuff from other games
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:19:03 PM by kiwibear »

i never said they had to be original in the first place

like half of these guns are super robot weapons but placed in a context in which they would make fun gunshoots

Alright, I'll try to come up with some stuff. Also do you want model ideas too or just like, function

how about a heavy assault rifle-type weapon that you use in a similar way to the machinegun but has a lower rate of fire for higher damage for a start

First off idk what is and isn't possible within blockland's engine to an extent, so if something's completely not an option then sorry I guess.
Here's a couple of links with a whole bunch of pictures of fictional weapons
http://vk.com/album82258355_110678853
http://vk.com/album82258355_153676154

Charge-up Launcher thing
Something like the Vanu Lancer from Planetside 2, the longer you hold down the trigger, the longer it charges, increasing the damage and velocity and all that.
Shoots a big generic energy weapon projectile.

Or you could do something like the Storm PSR from blops 2 that's pretty similar, but the charge increases how high its entry value is.

Flechette Rifle
Automatic weapon that would fire projectiles similar to the Half Life 2 Hunter's, those thingies that stick to surfaces and people and create small explosions after a couple of seconds.

Flak Autocannon/Rifle/Machinegun/Whatever
Some type of big automatic HMG esque weapon that's projectiles would airburst at random, obviously not within range to damage the person using it.

Chainlink Cannon
Based off the Mauler from Cortex Command, a shotgun that fires links of chain instead of just pellets.
Probably would end up just being a shotgun reskin but maybe it could have fancy effects, slow players on contact or something.

Shard Cannon
Fancy scifi shotgun that fires a multitude of crystal shards that explode on contact with things. Would probably look really cool honestly.

Chemrail Rifle
A more traditional style railgun that fires single kinetic projectiles that'd slow the target on impact and cause them to bleed for a second or two, along with a lot of damage.

Ablative Crossbow
High tech crossbow that would fire blunt-ended bolts that tumble players on impact in the direction the projectile was going, but not do a whole lot of damage.
Single shot of course.

Detonator SMG
A not too special SMG, except that it would be thrown like a grenade and explode if reloaded / right clicked.
Based off Borderlands 2 Tediore weapons.

Antimatter Beam
Something similar to the current railgun, except it would have a short charge time and fire a projectile like the HL2 Strider's warp cannon.

Canister Launcher
Basically a rocket propelled shotgun, would shoot loads of shrapnel that could ricochet off surfaces once.

Other less well thought out ideas
Rocket Boomerangs - Rocket launcher that fires rockets that curve back in the general direction of the person firing them. Probably Self Delete.
Ricochet Weapon - Something automatic that fires energy bolts or the like that ricochet off walls a certain number of times, like the sawblade rifle I guess.
Grenade Shotgun - Triple barreled grenade launcher that'd shoot all three at a time in some wide spread. Based off this.
EMP Weapon - Would have to have the shields enabled or something, would completely deplete and disable a players shield for x seconds, but would do 0 damage.
Arc Caster - Something like that one District 9 weapon or the wunderwaffe from CoD Zombies, shoots big electric bolts that can jump between players.
Maybe it'd have the same effect as the EMP gun.

Hope this sparks some ideas, and thanks to polywater for help with a bunch of these.

nice ideas kiwibear

anyway going along with the many dangerous rockets already in the pack why not a sort of rocket-grenade cluster launcher
the rocket drops smaller bombs/grenades along its flightpath and the big rocket explodes at a shorter range than other rockets

it could make for bizarre gameplay

for the sake of streamlining the brainstorming process im going to straight outlaw flak cannon style weapons

like it's only really necessary when fighting aircraft, the concept of making a horrible death-smoke trail that limits mobility in a game that is explicitly built around being mobile enough to dodge things doesnt sit right with me