Unfinished Projectsland | Couple of my many projects that I never finished.

Poll

Which one should be finished first?

"Selective"
9 (47.4%)
Project Clocktown
4 (21.1%)
Untitled RPG 372
0 (0%)
Rentaria RPG (RRPG)
4 (21.1%)
Untitled
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Unfinished Projectsland | Couple of my many projects that I never finished.  (Read 1364 times)

I've been working on too many projects recently and I'm not really sure which one I actually want to complete the most. I picked out a couple of builds that I think had potential for something good and decided to compile them in one main topic and see what the community would rather see the most, as well as providing ideas towards the projects which can boost my oh so poor motivation towards the builds.

"SELECTIVE"
Selective is just the name for the project and it doesn't have much of a meaning behind it other than following a point in the story. I was aiming for a sci-fi-ish feel as well as major Dead Space influences. It's a singleplayer campaign gamemode with a few RPG elements to keep things a bit interesting such as upgrading equipment and armor, collecting resources for various things, etc. The entire setting takes place on a human-supported space station named EDEN, with eight sectors scattered in a planned division in the area all dedicated to separate points of research.
(Click images to expand.)

This is something that I actually wanted to finish but it still felt too small to be good for a gamemode at the moment.

Branched Projects:
Selective TDM
just a TDM thing with a lot of planned new elements to make it more unique in a way.

Defense
a defend the castle kind of thing with many planned upgrade stations and resource gathering.

CLOCKTOWN (or maybe an entire recreation of Majora's Mask)
Doesn't need much explaining. I only have a portion of East Clocktown done but I had some ideas to maybe expanding and trying to rebuild the entire game. The Stockpot inn is almost complete and there is a small area of the Trading Post somewhat built.

also wall patterns are a richard to do.

"Untitled RPG 372"
A RPG that you play with a top down camera view that doesn't leave its position. There isn't much of the build but it's mainly inspired by the old 2d RPGs that were on handhelds, but simulated in a 3d style. Originally planned to have a coop feature with three/four players, but require all players to wait at exit to leave an area together.

nothing much to it yet though.

Rentaria RPG (RRPG)
A revision and replan of an old RPG thing that I posted quite some time ago in the gallery. Unlike the other past RPGs that I've built years ago, this doesn't have hints of Runescape Syndrome, meaning you don't hit rocks for days and level up. Most of the leveling is done via combat, quests, and different activities scattered in the area. The main highlighted features are the custom combat system done via events to introduce player stats that can greatly affect your power in combat with other monsters, as well as randomized damage done to the monsters to always keep battle fresh. This required an inventory system using a different area the player can access via teleport that lets them manage their gear and use items. A lot of other features I originally planned are not mentioned here but I could edit the post later and provide more information if the community shows interest. (also gg ebenezer. I'll retake that picture later.)

Untitled
something I started last night. don't have much to say about it other than having major influences from Dark Souls. most likely going to be a singleplayer gamemode with difficulty and boss fights if I can. :)

so yeah that's all I prepared for sharing. if anyone wants more specific screenshots or more details about the other stuff, I'll get to that.

Kobe... YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO PUT A POLL.

All of these are great, but clocktown looks the most interesting. I think you should finish that one.

Kobe... YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO PUT A POLL.
oh yeah

All of these are great, but clocktown looks the most interesting. I think you should finish that one.
I'm leaning a lot near Clocktown right now so.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:07:09 AM by Kobewarrior »