Author Topic: Summer Blocktown [9 SAVES] (Build from Blockheads Ruin Xmas)  (Read 9937 times)

Winter has gone and the Christmas decorations have long since been put away. Summer has come to Blocktown.

The saves only use default content EXCEPT in Summer Blocktown - Custom Night and Summer Blocktown Extra - Night. Read below for more info and downloads.

34,000 to 35,000 bricks depending on the version.

Download: http://blockland.dataorb.net/files/saves/Summer Blocktown Pack.zip

Current Version: 1.0 (2014-1-1)

I really liked the neighborhood (Which I have dubbed Blocktown) Sumz and Hamburger built for the new default game "Blockheads Ruin Xmas" so I decided to make a summer version of it. I started working on the 20th of December and finished the build today. It's possible I've missed something somewhere or there's some kind of a mistake in some area of the build. Managing 9 saves is pretty tough. Please let me know if you think something is off.

Feel free to use the saves and modify them however you see fit but please don't remove the credits from the save file itself. (By all means remove the description part if it bothers you.) Depending on how much you modify it you could and should add your own name to the credits. I consider these saves to be in the "public domain" with a little "made by" in a corner.

Note: Any saves based on the default winter version of the save will not be compatible with this summer version. I've lowered all the buildings by 1 plate so the grass fits the road better. I'm not changing that.

The fire in the pit uses a custom emitter in the gamemode which is made for the gamemode itself. There is no fire in the pit. Wait for someone to port the emitter and then manually event the cubes in the pit to add the fire.

Bonus! The default save extracted from the gamemode ZIP file. In order to make the watery streets frozen click the very bottom brick of the streetlight in the corner of the T intersection behind the location where the save preview screenshot was taken. It's easy to find, there aren't that many cars.

http://blockland.dataorb.net/files/saves/Blocktown.zip

Extract the ZIP files to your saves folder to use the saves in-game.

VARIATIONS

Why is the grass puke green? The default colorset is limited and also so you can easily change it to any color you want with 0 effort. Pick your favorite color and use the Fillcan tool to change the grass color.

Summer Blocktown Extra

This is the save I'm expecting everyone to use. I included the other variations so it's easier for you to customize the build. Combines the following saves: Summer Blocktown - Plus and Summer Blocktown - Terrain Adjusted Borders.

Summer Blocktown Extra - Night

This is the save I'm expecting everyone to use. I included the other variations so it's easier for you to customize the build. Combines the following saves: Summer Blocktown - Custom Night, Summer Blocktown - Plus, and Summer Blocktown - Terrain Adjusted Borders.

REQUIRED ADD-ON: Light_Blocktown.zip: http://blockland.dataorb.net/files/add-ons/Light_Blocktown.zip

Summer Blocktown

Blocktown without the snow, Christmas decorations, Christmas trees, and snowmen. I've changed the prints inside the school and the Christmas day counter board to what I perceive the aftermath would be after ruining Christmas. Player and present spawns are unchanged. This is as close to the default save as possible.

Summer Blocktown - Terrain

Because the terrain just suddenly ending looked like crap. Only terrain is added outside/inside the borders and the borders have been changed to terrain cubes to allow for the terrain. No other changes. Expanded from Summer Blocktown.

REQUIRED ADD-ON: Brick_ModTer_BasicPack.zip (Default)

Summer Blocktown - Terrain Adjusted Borders

Identical to Summer Blocktown - Terrain except I fiddled with the border spacing to allow for walking behind the red roofed house in the picture. This makes the area behind the garage a valid area for deathmatches and such. Otherwise people would only camp there. Only borders changed.

REQUIRED ADD-ON: Brick_ModTer_BasicPack.zip (Default)

Summer Blocktown - Plus

Notable changes to the center block of Summer Blocktown save! Expanded from Summer Blocktown.
    • Added a playground behind to school to cover the gaping pit. Changes to the "default terrain"! Will not load correctly on top of the Summer Blocktown save!
    • Added some generic summer furniture the outside deck patio behind the tan walled green roofed building.
    • Added a fence to block sight of the hut between the two richer houses. The rich folk don't need to see the poor people stuffting outside.
    • Added some stone tiles to stairs in front of the green walled red roofed house.
    • Moved the player spawn between the green house and the poor house 1 stud to make space for the fence.
    There may be some other small changes but I've forgotten those.

Summer Blocktown - Night

Player's Lights, Player's Lights everywhere. Except inside houses because that would make you blind. Some areas outside are still quite blown out because the Player's Light is fairly strong. Otherwise the streets are actually really well lit and it works great in night environments! All streetlights and individual houses' exterior lights are named so you can change the lights easily with events. Expanded from Summer Blocktown.

Summer Blocktown - Custom Night

REQUIRED ADD-ON: Light_Blocktown.zip: http://blockland.dataorb.net/files/add-ons/Light_Blocktown.zip

The solution to the brighter-than-sun Player's Light. 5 custom lights. Interior lighting included! Everything is named! Expanded from Summer Blocktown.

And as another bonus I've modified the files so they all appear neatly in order in your load save dialog.

Gamemode Idea

While doing some of the more monotonous work on this build I came up with an idea for a "sequel" gamemode to Blockheads Ruin Xmas. (Santa's Revenge? Summer Santa Suprise? Battleground Blocktown? Blockheads Kill Christmas?) I started thinking what would happen after Santa leaves and Christmas has been ruined and came up with a little story of some sort. This is just some outlines for the gamemode, I haven't planned anything really specific.

A gang of mean Blockheads in the neighborhood of Blocktown have officially ruined Christmas and Santa is not happy. After winter when the Blockheads least expect it Santa returns with a vengeance. With exploding presents and an army of little elves Santa lays his wrath upon Blocktown. Since it's summer Santa has ditched his thick tunic to reveal his ripped abs and hairy chest. The elf slaves however are not allowed to take off their (armored?) clothes so perhaps they could randomly use the hate emote to display their unhappiness due to the heat?

Elf weaponry: Candy cane shivs, some kind of clubs (lollipops?), and Self Delete bombing with the exploding presents. The roles have been switched. The elves are expendable.

Santa weaponry: Carpet bombing exploding presents from his flying sleigh, throwing fiery coal, fire coal bombs that explode into lots of small fiery coals? Hulk smash? Impersonating (existing?) players in the server (Because you know, Santa always knows what you're doing and this is how he does it) and then hulk smashing/backstab with a candy cane shiv? He's the boss so he has quite a bit of health. Rudolph nose-laser would be pretty badass.

Blockhead weaponry: Beats me. Since we're in good ol' 'Murica I suppose firearms found in an average American neighborhood ie. any modern weapon?

The gamemode progression could be as following: Pre-battle arming period for Blockheads, carpet bombing Santa, elves poof into existence everywhere, Santa flying with Rudolph like an starfish out of reach throwing fiery coal?, after enough elves have died Santa comes down and rides around with Rudolph lasering people, after Rudolph dies Santa goes full Hulk mode by smashing people and using exploding coal?

The fire pit in the middle could come into play somehow. I can visualize a giant Santa bursting out of there (Or through the playground with the Summer Blocktown Plus save) and going all Hulk on our asses. Perhaps this could be the final stage after Rudolphs death?

I would work on this gamemode myself but I'm leaving for the army in five days for up to a year in the worst case so there's that...
    « Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:37:05 AM by Demian »

I saw you doing this in your server. Looks great!

It's Christmas in July in January!

I feel like i'm on one of GSFGhosts map pages again, Too many variations so you don't know which one to loving download.

Great job anyways!

I feel like i'm on one of GSFGhosts map pages again, Too many variations so you don't know which one to loving download.

Great job anyways!
    Download them all and use the Summer Blocktown Extra saves!

The saves only use default content EXCEPT in Summer Blocktown - Custom Night and Summer Blocktown Extra - Night. Read below for more info and downloads.

Download: http://blockland.dataorb.net/files/saves/Summer Blocktown Pack.zip

Current Version: 1.0 (2014-1-1)

Download them all and use the Summer Blocktown Extra saves!

I know, It's just a little flashback of confused I got, Anyways i love it. I am going to use it for a Quake/Doom themed DM.