Author Topic: The TARDIS [New Exterior] (ZERO Room Added)  (Read 5287 times)

Introduction
The most iconic structure in British culture has been ported to Blockland. I actually started
this project a couple of years back and it didn't look very promising.
Regardless as time passed I upgraded it and a lot of Add-Ons made this actually possible,
if I am correct however; this project has technically lasted five years (on and off.)
Before we get onto the pictures, please read the notes below.

Note 1: This build contains content from this gallery thread (and possibly others too.) The OP (chrisd) is in fact me, I am better known these days as [L].
My chrisd account got banned because I was such a cunt back then, fortunately my friend Juicy Drop Pop let me share this account and that is how we are where we are now.
This note is just to serve as a reminder that this creation is NOT build theft as I am the original owner of the content linked above, this is merely a different forum account.

Note 2: Even though this project is called "the TARDIS" it is not an exact replica from the show, just a working inspiration.

The exterior uses TheKhoz's TARDIS vehicle mod, I did
attempt to make an exterior out of bricks, but it just DID NOT work. As you can see in the picture above;
there is invisible bricks surrounding the vehicle, preventing you from actually getting "in it." Should you click
the larger cube brick, you'll be teleported into the real interior.

As you can see, the interior features a lot of design from the TV show (like the console obviously.)
Other things like the circles on the walls are from the 1980's, Peter Davison era.

If you divert your eyes to the back of the room, you will see part of the wall is made of ramps, that is
actually meant to be another "reference" to the TV show TARDIS interior.

A close up of the console; some of the buttons and gears on it actually do things, others don't.
Note the wires coming out of the bottom that eventually lead into the walls.

There sadly isn't that much going on at the moment under the console platform, the square emitters
are meant to be "levitating" the platform.
Note the iconic hatstand.

After taking a look around you'll shortly find yourself at
a door with a light blue tint, if you go inside here it will take you to
the "ZERO Room." The ZERO Room was featured in an 80's episode and
had healing powers, particularly to a newly regenerated time lord.
I made my own design which is meant to look a little like the
old Construct map.

We keep a set of chairs and tables in there too.

The exterior of the interior. If you're wondering what the tall
red/black structure is; it's meant to be a time vortex simluation, which can be
accessed by pressing a button on the console.

That is all the pictures I have to share at the moment, this build is currently
ongoing and I do play to add more to it in the future. You may rate x/10.

UPDATE: Scroll down for more!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:36:47 PM by Juicy Drop Pop »

'the build is an ongoing progress'

'the build is an ongoing progress'
Yeah that part didn't make much sense, fixed that though.

Looks awesome 10/10 it would be cool to add some tardis sounds in their and make it player transform u you to other planets.

Looks awesome 10/10 it would be cool to add some tardis sounds in their and make it player transform u you to other planets.
Actually it can do both of those things. The TARDIS vehicle Add-On has a materialization playsound event, which one the buttons on the console triggers. Also I host a TARDIS roleplay server, what I do is load saves such as the Titanic then duplicate the exterior onto the ship (deleting the old one in the process.) It then seems as if we have moved back in time.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:05:38 AM by Juicy Drop Pop »

8/10, it just lacks too much detail (especially on the floor). Otherwise, excellent!

8/10, it just lacks too much detail (especially on the floor). Otherwise, excellent!
Thanks for the advise. Would you or anyone else have a clue of what to put under the console platform? I've thought about it but I haven't come up with anything.

Thanks for the advise. Would you or anyone else have a clue of what to put under the console platform? I've thought about it but I haven't come up with anything.

Right here, there isn't too much of a bottom.

Here, it looks like it's just a smaller, circular area with lights that ramps inward, so you don't really have to put a bottom.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:46:39 PM by TristanLuigi »

UPDATE: I added a storage/tool/junk room and the Eye of Harmony, both are to have more added to them; but I thought you all might be interested.

The Eye of Harmony does look bland; yes, however I'm going to shortly make it spherical instead of it just being one big block.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 06:00:22 PM by Juicy Drop Pop »

maybe give it the appearance of metal tiling? that might help it to looks more interesting than it does now

So I have another update to add, firstly we have a new room; the kitchen, which features similar counter-top designs from "Az's Christmas Block House," all credit goes to
him for the design. Secondly, like I promised in my last post; I made the Eye of Harmony more spherical, however I'm still considering rounding it a little bit more. Finally I added an under-platform console, like the TV show has. The colorful wires that were previously in the build have been diverted to go into this console too.

It feels forced and unnatural. Like you just tried to fit as many props in as you could.