Author Topic: Lost BL Key; e-mail that it was tied to was deactivated permanently by AT&T  (Read 2480 times)

This is probably the 3rd time I've posted about this issue.

To make it short, grandpa passed away, so we canceled his internet subscription, I wanted to play Blockland a few years later, logged onto his e-mail, got rejected because of AT&T's stupid rule of "hurr u stopped paying for internet, now we suspend your e-mail that has tons of important stuff on it so you can't access it." I have several ways of proving that I actually own the key, most importantly that I am using this forum account bound to my key, that I can give my grandpa's full name used to purchase this game, the method of purchase, and finally that I actually have parts of the key memorized.

For reasons of privacy, I censored my grandpa's e-mail address. I can provide an unedited picture if needed.

if you have all but the first 5 digits memorized, then you should be fine
the first 5 are your ID in a different base
I think kalphiter had a website with a converter somewhere

if you have all but the first 5 digits memorized, then you should be fine
the first 5 are your ID in a different base
I think kalphiter had a website with a converter somewhere

Unfortunately for me, I only remember two of the 4-letter sequences, and not in the correct order either.

I am beginning to get extremely impatient and frustrated because I have gotten no response whatsoever to my 2-3 topics and countless e-mails to Blockland support that I've created about this issue.

I know this is the biggest way that Badspot makes money, and that he's probably ignoring all of my posts so I'll just go ahead and buy a new key, but this ID has real sentimental value to me as it is very old and it was gifted to me from my grandfather who is now deceased.

Yahoo is a free email service, though?
I dont get it

If the email is @yahoo.com, see if you can reregister the same email, then go to the key recovery page

Did you try calling? it clearly says 'to reactivate stuff call this number'

Maybe you could try getting in touch with yahoo, see if they can do anything. I hope you get your key back.

Quote from: Badspot
I have basically given up on custom technical assistance for people.  If their problem cannot be solved with a cut and paste answer or online tutorial then it cannot be solved.  Most people on earth simply do not have the writing ability or technical know-how to communicate the details of a computer problem via email or interpret instructions for resolving it.  If they do have the necessary skills then they're probably competent enough to solve the problem on their own and thus never email me. 

I have been ignoring "I lost my key and can't access my email account" messages for years now.  I've probably ignored over 1000.  I just can't handle it.  There's no way to identify people accurately without their original email address and it's just not my responsibility to keep track of your magic number for you.  Also a good 5% of them haven't lost their key but are in fact future delinquents trying their first social engineering scam. 

Incidentally, I would estimate that at least 10% of all email addresses have been hacked.  If you narrow it down to certain services like hotmail, we're probably talking about over 35%.

More than one person has bought the game, filed a fraudulent unauthorized purchase claim with their bank, then sent enraged emails to me when their key is automatically deactivated and then continued to rage at me even after I explained that they have reversed payment and I do not have their money. 

People have purchased Blockland, played it for several years, then emailed me that they are bored of it and want a refund. 

Parents complain that I do not monitor and actively censor all chat in Blockland.  I silently weep for humanity as a I copy+paste my pre-written answer explaining how broad scale censorship of chat in Blockland is not technologically possible or desirable. 

Forum users email me that they don't know why they were banned, even though the reason is clearly displayed in red text at the top of the page.

Children email me threats and taunts as they worm their way up from online pariah to petty criminal. 

The "all mail" folder of my gmail account contains over 160,000 messages.

Sorry if I don't get back to you.

It's a shame that I am not able to prove myself to Badspot even though I have countless ways to show I am the owner, and it's also very disappointing to hear that he also ignores these types of posts outright even though his reasons are justified.

Thanks for trying to help, guys. Unfortunately for me, I need to actually purchase a subscription to AT&T's services in order to even get live chat support with them (WTF???), so I'm going to try calling them or creating a ticket on their support site.

How much of the key can you get together?

How much of the key can you get together?

About 2 of the 4-character sequences. That's about 1/3 of the whole thing, if I'm not wrong.

This might help you if you can regain your memory. I dunno, this might even bring your memory back.
http://blocklandcloud.com/tools/keyidconverter.php?blid=3515

This might help you if you can regain your memory. I dunno, this might even bring your memory back.
http://blocklandcloud.com/tools/keyidconverter.php?blid=3515

Thanks, that actually did help me remember the order of the sequences I remember.

This is what I remember:

OOOO = Sequence I remember

XXXX = Sequence I forgot

OOOO - OOOO - XXXX - OOOO - XXXX - XXXX

Thanks again, Crispy. That really helped. Hopefully, Badspot can actually drop by and give me a word about what I can do about this situation.

As an edit to the above post, I just realized that there is only 4 sequences, not 6 like I assumed.

So, I know 3 out of 4 of the total parts of my key. I need to find the final part of the key, but I don't know how I would. Maybe brute force it? As far as we've gotten, I'm still confused on how to assert the situation.

Quote from: Badspot
Parents complain that I do not monitor and actively censor all chat in Blockland.  I silently weep for humanity as a I copy+paste my pre-written answer explaining how broad scale censorship of chat in Blockland is not technologically possible or desirable.

But I love angry parent reviews of blockland  :cookieMonster:

But I love angry parent reviews of blockland  :cookieMonster:

Although this is irrelevent, so do I, although I heard that one of the "angry parents" complaining about explicit words being used in the chat that appeard in Badspot's post, "Mailbag 2," was actually some troll that was pretending.

On Topic:

I'm dialing AT&T right now, and if I don't get a solution, the only solution I find appropriate will attempt to guess the last part of the key over and over again until I hit a perfect match. Which will take a ridiculously long time, but I'll probably just attempt to do it every now and then.