Author Topic: Blockland Not Writable?  (Read 3948 times)

Kei

When I try to join servers, after it is done loading manifest it says 'make sure blockland is writable' and it shuts down the whole system. Please help.

did you set anything to "Read-Only" in the past

also, post in the HELP section next time, it's here: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?board=3.0
general discussion does not provide quality support, the helpful people are in there.

Kei

I don't quite understand the question sorry.

If you don't know what I'm asking then you probably haven't done it. If you right click a file and hit properties, then click READ-ONLY, it will make it un-editable. Some modifications require you to do this, but it can break the game if you do it to the wrong files.

Most computer problems can be solved by simply rebooting your computer. You should try that before posting here.

deleting cache.db works for me most the time

Kei

I rebooted several times, no effect. I checked every file in my blockland folder, it appears that Blockland, saves, key. ect. are all Read-Only.

Kei

But heres the problem, There is no Cache File in my blockland folder. :/ I mean theres a plain 'Cache' file but not with the .Db.

I rebooted several times, no effect. I checked every file in my blockland folder, it appears that Blockland, saves, key. ect. are all Read-Only.
BAM CALLED IT

Select everything, click properties, and uncheck Read-Only. Inspect the files again after applying the changes, and tell us if it stays the same. Then boot up Blockland, and check if they are still the same.

Blockland might be making everything read only upon launching. A friend of mine was having an issue similar to this before.

But heres the problem, There is no Cache File in my blockland folder. :/ I mean theres a plain 'Cache' file but not with the .Db.
That's fine, it isn't required and doesn't have anything to do with your problem. (I think?)
Cache.db is basically storage for things you download when you go to people's servers.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:13:10 PM by McZealot »

Kei

Nope, I un-checked all the ones with read-only including the launcher, and tried to join a server, Still no Difference. And Lol, "BAM CALLED IT"

Nope, I un-checked all the ones with read-only including the launcher, and tried to join a server, Still no Difference. And Lol, "BAM CALLED IT"
Check it now and tell me if it has automatically gone back to "Read-Only" mode.

Kei

All the Saves, Key Ect. Have, But the launcher hasn't.

Kei

I Redownloaded BL And transported them with the new bl files, deleteing the new ones, and THEN replacing them. so I still have everything. Still wont work, So im guessing its something with the add-ons?

Test it without add-ons just to be sure (back them up into a different folder if you dont want to lose them)

Check the main Blockland folder, it might be Read-Only too.

did you set anything to "Read-Only" in the past

nobody ever does that.