Why RTB going be Shutdown?

Author Topic: Why RTB going be Shutdown?  (Read 71156 times)

confirmed troll, avoid this user at all costs

Excuse me?

RTB didn't make the auto admin system or the ability to change the colorset; stop acting like it did. Those are default features of the game.
Um, Return to Blockland did add those in...
Are you being sarcastic or something?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:35:39 AM by Rainzx¹ »

Alot of features from RTB just seem default, because you'll have it installed all the time and you won't even notice.
It's like a part of Blockland or something.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:35:39 AM by Abstath »

Ephi or whatever his name is posted something saying it will move onto steam or something

Ephi or whatever his name is posted something saying it will move onto steam or something

proof or something

I wasn't intending to explain much further but there's a bunch of stupid rumors going around so I may as well clarify things.

RTB's always been about furthering my own skills and knowledge and featured prominently on my resume when I applied for my first job (and it's probably why I got it). It got to the point a while ago that RTB no longer did that for me but I continued because I enjoyed the game/community and it provided a lot of useful services that were clearly needed - plus I saw an opportunity to have my work exposed to a much larger userbase via Steam.

However in my opinion the Steam launch was underwhelming, badly co-ordinated and still has a number of non-trivial problems that haven't been resolved a month and a half or so later. Honestly I expected game development to be taken a bit more seriously given the potential for a much wider audience but it's just not materialised and I got bored of putting more effort into the game than the guys who make it. I offered to develop community features and services for free as an official part of Blockland but there wasn't much interest or follow-up on that.

So with my free time running out due to a recent job promotion I'm having to pick what I want to spend it on more carefully and I really can't justify spending any more of it on modding Blockland. I'll continue to play and moderate because it's a great game but I'm done developing.

I wasn't intending to explain much further but there's a bunch of stupid rumors going around so I may as well clarify things.

RTB's always been about furthering my own skills and knowledge and featured prominently on my resume when I applied for my first job (and it's probably why I got it). It got to the point a while ago that RTB no longer did that for me but I continued because I enjoyed the game/community and it provided a lot of useful services that were clearly needed - plus I saw an opportunity to have my work exposed to a much larger userbase via Steam.

However in my opinion the Steam launch was underwhelming, badly co-ordinated and still has a number of non-trivial problems that haven't been resolved a month and a half or so later. Honestly I expected game development to be taken a bit more seriously given the potential for a much wider audience but it's just not materialised and I got bored of putting more effort into the game than the guys who make it. I offered to develop community features and services for free as an official part of Blockland but there wasn't much interest or follow-up on that.

So with my free time running out due to a recent job promotion I'm having to pick what I want to spend it on more carefully and I really can't justify spending any more of it on modding Blockland. I'll continue to play and moderate because it's a great game but I'm done developing.
Why must you impact us so greatly by getting rid of RTB completely?

Surely you could hand it over to somebody you trust?

Um, Return to Blockland did add those in...
Are you being sarcastic or something?

They're both default features, I have no clue why you would say otherwise. They work just fine without RTB.

They're both default features, I have no clue why you would say otherwise. They work just fine without RTB.
just stop, what are you trying to acomplish?

can't ephi just hand it over to big brother and co or something?

just stop, what are you trying to acomplish?
I thought they were default commands which rtb added a gui to.

thank you for clearing things up for us ephi. I understand your situation. It would seem like a good idea to hand RTB over to badspot thought. This service provided a lot to the community and it would be sad to see it go.
oh and just out of curiosity,  what company do you work for?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 11:52:11 AM by GhostStar »