Poll

Should there be more star clusters then the 1 we have now?

Yes
No
I don't partcipate in Interstellar Tensions but I still vote because I'm a friend

Author Topic: Interstellar Tensions - Futuristic Nation RP  (Read 28932 times)

Unlock Biotics

Unlock the power of biology.

Company Statistics

Company Name: Unlock Biotics.
Company Type: Corporation.

Currency: Washer.
Payment: Accepts all galactic currencies.

Home: Tyrellis (Ursus Empire).

Customers: None.

Company Information

Unlock Biotics is a genetic/biological engineering corporation. List of goods and services (most affordable to least affordable):

• Medicinal Production and Research: Has a freak disease from a backwater planet struck your people with death? Unlock Biotics is a leader in the development of vaccines and health supplements!
  • Biological Weaponry: Although exceptionally pricey, Unlock Biotics is capable of developing biological weaponry for political powers.
  • Cloning Facilities: Need an army or cheap labor? Unlock Biotics is willing to mass produce clones for YOU! Civils rights held by clones varies among political powers. We are not reliable for mistreatment or crimes committed against clones.
  • Species Modification and Production: The most expensive of Unlock Biotics's services, species modification and production is an emerging field that seeks to toy with the very laws of life! Do you want your people to have fur or an extra limb? We can do that! But wait, there's more! Unlock Biotics is also capable of fundamentally engineering brand new forms of life--so if you want a new form of house pet or a war steed, Unlock Biotics is the company to contact!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:26:00 PM by Mega-Bear »

Titan Corporation agrees, and asks whether the weaponry is allowed to be distributed to the SE, since they are UE's ally, and since TC often operates in the SE space.

Dangit Mega I was just going to start a biology department!  I was literally just about to post that god damn.

Titan Corporation agrees, and asks whether the weaponry is allowed to be distributed to the SE, since they are UE's ally, and since TC often operates in the SE space.

No, only deliver shipments to the Ursus Empire. Once you've finished development of the new arms we will supply you with 40% of our mystery fuel reserves. The UE is thankful for your business.

Dangit Mega I was just going to start a biology department!  I was literally just about to post that god damn.

I'm a biology geek so I just had to do it :P

Perhaps collaboration on some mix-n-match critter project, hmmm?

Wouldn't it make sense that big furry strong animals-like creatures don't need to really be intelligent for survival.

You know, evolution only gives you the stuff you need.

No, ittelligence is the key to survival.

Big cerebrum + binocular vision + extensive motor skills = key for survival for sentient life.

I mean, large intelligience for big stuff like science.

I think it would be fair if you pick a race full of strong mighty bears you would have to sacrifice some intelligient capabilities such as things like biology.

You shouldn't be able to have the best of both worlds:
Robots - can be hacked but can be strong+hive minded with AI.
Stronger, Bigger - large labor workforce and ruthless in battle but are not too intelligent in comparison to humans.
Smarter, Smaller - large science understand and the ability to fully understand the universe, not as strong compared to stronger, bigger and a little weaker than the average human.

For gameplay's sake, the Ursi are sort of dumb individually. They're cunning and hard to defeat in battle, but in a scientific setting... let's just say they're lucky to have the FR aiding in research.

Although, if we do a little throwback Monday to two pages ago:

The Ursus Empire encounters a race of four-legged and two-armed aliens on their farthest outlying planet. The species calls itself the Gretonites, and they are currently in an industrial age--discovering the power of coal, steam, and organized labor.

The Ursus Empire has yet to make a decision on how to make first contact with the Gretonites.

The UE is still deliberating how to best introduce ourselves to the Gretonites. Having so many limbs, they're nimble creatures--but also very skinny. They do have larger braincases than the Ursi though, so perhaps the UE could intervene and seek joint prosperity with them.

Though, before making first contact we're going to wait for the Titan Corporation's forthcoming weapons shipment. The Gretonites might not like us, and it would be a good idea to have a new method of defense before revealing ourselves.

You don't necessarily need to sacrifice for strengths, for each species will likely be at different technological levels than others.

Weapons are still under development.

What purpose should they serve?

You don't necessarily need to sacrifice for strengths, for each species will likely be at different technological levels than others.

True, I just want to add an interesting dynamic to my species. In the face of technology, biological shortcomings don't really matter that much, but when I think of alien bears I think of gruesome space furries.

Weapons are still under development.

What purpose should they serve?

aw you know

they should be able to rip through flesh in as ghastly a manner as possible

and they should be pretty unique, like no other faction has ever employed these sort of weps
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:26:34 PM by Mega-Bear »

I can do that, but upon what scale?  Mass-scale explosives or micro-divices?

Actually, I'll make something more than what you want.  For elite soldiers only.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:25:40 PM by SWAT One »

I can do that, but upon what scale?  Mass-scale explosives or micro-divices?

Actually, I'll make something more than what you want.  For elite soldiers only.

I'm okay with that, but I'd also like it if this new tech came in the form of rifles and carbines, so u know, infantry could use it

I do like the sound of an elite soldier-only form of weaponry tho so do that 2 :)

Titan Corporation being manufacturing something called QMPSs for the UE.

You shouldn't be able to have the best of both worlds:
Robots - can be hacked but can be strong+hive minded with AI.

This is exempt of HK models, as they act as puppets controlled by the 'Hive Mind' which is basically a supercomputer that is gaining information practically every second, and is considered sentient though without a real personality. Your birds can be smart, but so is the Hive Mind, and it isn't going to stop learning more and more info anytime soon.

Imperial ships begin scouting the nearby solar systems.