Poll

How do you feel about Tezuni's games?

I love them!
They are OK...
I don't really like them...
I HATE THEM
THROW TEZUNI OFF A BRIDGE!!!

Author Topic: Teleport Event - DoPlayerTeleport  (Read 8997 times)

The event Event_Doplayerteleport is an addon that uses events to make a player teleport to a named brick. I did NOT make this addon, and I am not asking for credit for it! I am just putting it on forums because RTB shut down! http://www.mediafire.com/download/gve6lyhollnzg5o/Event_doPlayerTeleport.zip
This addon really helps!
I might post some more addons from RTB that I found helpful later!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:31:17 PM by mcloler »

This addon is unnecessary and redundant if you have amade's bot events, which has a event that works in the same way but is easier to use.

This addon is unnecessary and redundant if you have amade's bot events, which has a event that works in the same way but is easier to use.
This is different, works better, and doesn't come with bot events that break the current ones.  Although other versions are easier to use, this is by far the best working one.

yeah except amade's bot mod is outdated, obsolete and abusive and this isn't difficult at all and has more features

from what i understand i already have this (setplayertransform)?

No, this uses a more efficient and better method.

goddamnit

This mod has more features than existing teleport mods, most notable is the relative teleport function which can teleport players in relation to another brick, allowing for seamless elevator events, ect.

goddamnit

This mod has more features than existing teleport mods, most notable is the relative teleport function which can teleport players in relation to another brick, allowing for seamless elevator events, ect.
setplayertransform has this

if you're talking about the direction the player faces, then yeah. What I'm talking about is position. setPlayerTransform would teleport the player to the center of the brick no matter what. DoPlayerTeleport can teleport a player to a certain distance in a certain direction from a certain brick in relation to another brick.

And it doesn't bounce like setPlayerTransform

But isn't it already on the forums?
Yes, it is. But I just wanted to post it because it helped me with my prison, and I want it to help others.

Yes, it is. But I just wanted to post it because it helped me with my prison, and I want it to help others.

Yeah, I made this a while ago for Spade's arcade. I'll let past me explain the differences:
Let's talk about setPlayerTransform. SetPlayerTransform packages the onActivate and onPlayerTouch callbacks to set variables on your player object to show the last brick you touched. It also sets variables on bricks saying who last touched the brick. This means that:
- setPlayerTransform will only ever work correctly for onActivate and onPlayerTouch
- setPlayerTransform has an unreliable method of determining who to teleport and as a result will sometimes teleport the wrong person, or teleport to the wrong place
- setPlayerTransform cannot teleport to a brick relative to a brick that wasn't the one with the event in it.

Other problems with the old method were:
- setPlayerTransform used a timeout (?)
- setPlayerTransform did unnecessary stuff to find the used brick instead of just having a box where you enter a brick name

Yeah, I made this a while ago for Spade's arcade. I'll let past me explain the differences:
And that's why I like this one better.

gtfo pls that addon is not available to use in BL