Author Topic: Milkshape Terrain In Blockland  (Read 8323 times)

ChUmbaLum sOft, a 3d modeling software developer, has provided a tool within Milkshape that creates terrain with the click of a button.

Although the terrain generator is not perfect, and is limited in size, I decided to try it out ingame.

These were all done in version 21, and i decided to go with flat shading to look the best.

I'm not sure how the old terrain functioned, but i did get a collision box to work around the structure. It is too large to function as a brick, so i figured it would work as a vehicle without any mountpoints. It works somewhat like GSF Ghosts "Procedural Terrain Generator", but without the tedious adjusting of colors, and sizes.

It isn't a giant feat, but it proves that you can make terrain without effecting shaders.

If it's a vehicle would that mean that it has a chance for it's physics to mess up and a segment of the terrain would go flying?
That would be an interesting sight..

If it's a vehicle would that mean that it has a chance for it's physics to mess up and a segment of the terrain would go flying?
That would be an interesting sight..

Haha would love to see that aswell, but it also floats in water...

Haha would love to see that aswell, but it also floats in water...

I think the floating can be configured.
That would be a neat feature to have though, floatable map segments.

Brilliant,  just brilliant

i dont see the point if you cant build on it

can someone explain to me how this is good

i dont see the point if you cant build on it

can someone explain to me how this is good
skiiii
driiive
exploooore
and its FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

skiiii
driiive
exploooore
and its FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
but i want to build on/in terrain :(

Wow, this is very interesting.
I wonder if it could "re-create" similar maps to the old slopes.

Use a static shape instead of a vehicle.

"God damnit, our territory just flew away"

But if it's a vehicle, wouldn't that mean that other vehicles interacting with it would cause more of a chance of being flung?