/Ty's City RPG -- 1.0

Author Topic: /Ty's City RPG -- 1.0  (Read 17210 times)

Hey everyone,
I'm finally releasing my copy of the mod on March 13th, 2014. I'm sure down the line I'll be lost in Blockland's history but I'd like to go down with at least having my code open source. I have decided to release my edit of Iban's CityRPG mod to the world. Keep in mind that I learned to code torque from using this mod so some of the code is very basic. I've added many new features to the mod including
-Fully automated mayor system (Mayor System)
-New jobs
-New education system
-New chat
-New bricks
-Buyable admin bricks (:
-New drugs
-New items
-Business System
-Gang System
-Lumber System
-Storage System
-Hundreds of new commands
-Stability with other addons
-Rep system
-Lottery System
-New GUI
-New UI
-An incredible trading system (;
-Saving system
-Brick transfer system(kinda hidden)
-AND FIXED A LOT OF BUGS!!!
-I even left my to do list in the folder if you'd like to view it.

Download and instructions are in this presentation:

Please notify me of any bugs.

Note: This copy of the mod has limitations. If you're interested in unrestricting the limitations please add me on skype (tycox94). If you don't know what limitations i'm talking about then you have nothing to worry about.

Here is the slate city I used for a while: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3l_oBwXvlBqdkVsSnBsUkN4c1k/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:16:57 PM by tyler0 »

-disregard, found it-

I hope to see some good quality city rpg's come from this.
(PM me if anyone's creating a city rpg, I will probably help build if you're a decent host)

Isnt this the stuff with the rapist job name that shows up in chat? lmao it's probably going to get deleted, pretty sure its an Iban edit.

Isnt this the stuff with the rapist job name that shows up in chat? lmao it's probably going to get deleted, pretty sure its an Iban edit.
Yes at one point I integrated the rape mod but quickly after it was removed. Also it is an Iban edit, but probably the most edited copy ever made.
If ya wanna play with #s. The original that I downloaded with drugs = ~2mbs. My mod = ~8mbs
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 04:20:38 PM by tyler0 »

Really hope this isn't fail binned, it's actually pretty nice.

It doesn't seem to have any backdoors, checked that myself. I tested for a few minutes and only found 1 bug, but I easily found a fix because I didn't check hard enough. I think it'll stay, seems safe and neat to me.

Really hope this isn't fail binned, it's actually pretty nice.
I agree with crown.

Bet this is gonna be fail binned just because it's an Iban edit.

Im downloading before failbinned
@Badspot please dont fail bin

This looks promising. I hope it doesnt get failbinned, it seems pretty decent. I wont download since I dont host anymore but Hopefully alot of people enjoy this mod. You have my approval, but most likely not Badspots.

Nevermind, seems fine.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 05:02:32 PM by Blake1 »

Something small but I had someone else test it and he is having issues with the chat. Anyone that has run the mod noticed the chat being normal, because it shouldn't be. lol

Hey guys, anyone know how to set yourself as host/super admin? I can't find out which log to edit that in!!!

Hey guys, anyone know how to set yourself as host/super admin? I can't find out which log to edit that in!!!
You should automatically become host if you create the game.

EDIT:
This addon requires you to run a dedicated server. Instructions to do so are in the presentation.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 05:26:39 PM by tyler0 »

Could you add spawns for each job? If there is some already, I don't see them.