Author Topic: Blending animations?  (Read 7011 times)

Learn how to animate, and when exporting, you specify a range of frames for each sequence
There's more to it than that, though. I know, 'cause I had to figure it out myself. However, I don't know nearly enough about it to create a tutorial - I just figured it out by trial and error, and even then it was rather sketchy.

I'm really kinda wondering why nobody has created a proper animation tutorial for Blockland yet. It would be immensely helpful.
I thought Blender's animation system was self-explanatory actually, so long as you know how to find the UI.

I've always used 2.5+ blender because 2.4 looks like trash, and I have no idea how to find many of the 2.4 features

so how do i kill the handicapped purple lines

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=197875.0
Might wanna go back to 2.4.
Anyway, I'll leave that there if you need it.
Don't ask me about blender though, haven't touched it in 2 years or so.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=197875.0
Might wanna go back to 2.4.
Anyway, I'll leave that there if you need it.
Don't ask me about blender though, haven't touched it in 2 years or so.

That doesn't answer my one and only question. And I will never go back to modeling in 2.4, and modeling in 2.7 works just fine for me.

That doesn't answer my one and only question. And I will never go back to modeling in 2.4, and modeling in 2.7 works just fine for me.
The purple lines indicate that there is no change between two keyframes. If a bone's position/rotation/scale doesn't change at all throughout the sequence, there is absolutely no reason to have the keyframes there, and having them there will cause problems. So in short: Delete ALL of the extra keyfr8mes, John. Also, remember to mind what you're inserting and when; only insert location keyframes if the bone is only being translated, only insert rotation keyframes if it's only being rotated, etc.

Also, if you haven't already, make a sequence named "default" with a priority of 0 (this is in the DTS exporter) and insert loc/rot/scale frames for every bone at 0 on the animation timeline.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 11:20:43 AM by takato14 »

Thank you

My root animation is the same as the "default" that you suggested right?

Thank you

You can name the sequence whatever you want, since the root sequence is specified in the TSSConstructer datablock.

I thought Blender's animation system was self-explanatory actually, so long as you know how to find the UI.
Nonono... I know how animating in Blender works. That's easy. Exporting with proper settings, names, parenting, etc... That's what I want to know. There's no clear answer to it all in one spot.

Thank you

Oh, stuff, yeah its called root not default

sorry, it's been a while >__>