Author Topic: [v2] Marussia  (Read 20134 times)

Yes, that's probably because they're bad add-ons.
"BLAH I DON'T LIKE IT, IT'S BAD!"

YES
THANK YOU
ALL MY  :cookie: ARE BELONG TO THIS!

I sincerely hope that one day people will come to realize that this is a sandbox game, and even if it does have an "art style" there is nothing wrong with going beyond that art style because it's a
SANDBOX GAME.

I can understand complaining about details that are unnecessary because they're so small you can't even see them, but this car really doesn't have that. It's not like it's a gun or something that most people won't be seeing up close - it's a car, and a supercar at that, so it's meant to be flashy.

Also, people say curves don't "fit the art style". But just because the default add-one were low-poly doesn't mean that's what defines the art style. Rather, think of what this game is emulating - building blocks and toys. Not a rectangular world - toys. If I had to guess, there's a perfectly valid reason as to why the original models were so low poly - they were made in the early 2000s, back when game and modeling technology weren't quite as advanced as they were today, and this had a harder time supporting it (not to mention older computers would've had a harder time with more detailed models). After those were made, they stayed, and people began copying how they were made - and never stopped. But there's really no reason to limit yourself like that when modeling for a sandbox which is also making changes and pushing forward from a technological and visual standpoint.

I'm not saying that blocky modeling should be done away with - it's become it's own neat little style. But I am saying that constantly rejecting new styles isn't gonna get us anywhere.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 10:29:34 AM by BluetoothBoy »

I sincerely hope that one day people will come to realize that this is a sandbox game, and even if it does have an "art style" there is nothing wrong with gong beyond that art style because it's a
SANDBOX GAME.

I can understand complaining about details that are unnecessary because they're so small you can't even see them, but this car really doesn't have that. It's not like it's a gun or something that most people won't be seeing up close - it's a car, and a supercar at that, so it's meant to be flashy.

Also, people say curves don't "fit the art style". But just because the default add-one were low-poly doesn't mean that's what defines the art style. Rather, think of what this game is emulating - building blocks and toys. Not a rectangular world - toys. If I had to guess, there's a perfectly valid reason as to why the original models were so low poly - they were made in the early 2000s, back when game and modeling technology weren't quite as advanced as they were today, and this had a harder time supporting it (not to mention older computers would've had a harder time with more detailed models). After those were made, they stayed, and people began copying how they were made - and never stopped. But there's really no reason to limit yourself like that when modeling for a sandbox which is also making changes and pushing forward from a technological and visual standpoint.

I'm not saying that blocky modeling should be done away with - it's become it's own neat little style. But I am saying that constantly rejecting new styles isn't gonna get us anywhere.

I agree with this big time. ^ you should quote this all the time we have these problems. #1 problem solver. ^

I agree with this big time. ^ you should quote this all the time we have these problems. #1 problem solver. ^
lol

i call this... the detailed car ever