Author Topic: Roman Island! (DOWNLOAD NOW AVAILABLE IN OP)  (Read 5908 times)

Here it is! I built this island in 6 days. ~50548 bricks. It includes four towns, one port, two mountains, a miniature Colosseum, a farmhouse with a few fields, and plenty of paths. Each town has its own temple.

Click here to download!
All necessary add-ons are included, make sure you have them enabled (there may be a few that aren't necessary, but I did my best to make sure there weren't). Simply extract the folder, place the files in the Godus Map folder into your saves folder, and copy and enable all add-ons (in the add-ons folder) into your Blockland add-ons folder, and your good to go! Let me know if there's anything missing!

Click for 1920x1079 picutes!

Click here to watch the video I made for it!
Port's Ultra shaders are amazing. :P

I feel like I need to mention Zealot in this. His build for Wizardri looks very, very similar to mine, so I thought I should give him credit for the style and inspiration for this. Also, I am using his Godus colorset.

Credits:
Georges: 38361 (majority of the build)
Lock: 23695 (helped with some small stuff and filled in a ton of the paths)

Feel free to rate! ;)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 01:46:55 PM by Georges »

Those roofs, is this part of Wizardri?

No. Also, fixed the above image. I'll admit, I took a LOT of inspiration from Zealot's build.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 01:50:42 PM by Georges »

Still looks really nice.

Thanks! Server's open if you wanna come check it out!

You and Zea should team up and work on islands with this exact theme
a forever growing server of islands

You and Zea should team up and work on islands with this exact theme
a forever growing server of islands
haha, maybe we should. :P

Hey

this is a completely spontaneous amazing masterpiece.

Hey

this is a completely spontaneous amazing masterpiece.
thanks!

Also, looking at it now in those pictures I see how ugly it is under water, I'll likely make the water less transparent tomorrow.

Looks really stylized and well thought out, good work here.

Thanks! Added more pictures to OP!

My username isn't Zealott. It's just Zealot.

This is awesome. While I was scrolling through I was wondering if this was related to my project, and I was super-happy when it was. If you want, we could add this to the Wizardri build. Currently its about 3 islands, but they aren't this big.

You could help with the build. The scripts are almost done, and we have 3/5 classes complete, plus all public spells, and the experience system. A lot of people have tried to help, but they don't really understand the terrain style. Although, this is extremely well done. The roads are a little different than in our server, they seem to be below the ground, but I actually really like that.

There are a few things I don't like. The colourset has 3 roof colours in it, just like in Godus. You are only using 2 of the red tile colours, and it bugs me a little. Also, the windows are black. In the build on my server they are glowing yellow. There are some large flat spaces that should probably have a small hill added in too.

Overall, its extremely nice, and I'm very impressed that you could get it finished in such a short timespan. I'd love it if you'd like to work with us!

If you want to talk to me over Steam, my username is McZealot.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 12:41:05 PM by McZealot »

If we could rate this, it'll be 9/10
Good job!

Theres a problem. All Wizardri islands are only 3 layers out of the water. I'm not really sure how we could lower this if we wasnted to add it.
We could probably make a baseplate ground and use zonebricks to put everything below 3 layers underwater.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:59:00 AM by McZealot »

This build is awesome. Keep at it.