Support_Updater

Poll

Should I add increased BLID gathering abilities to Support_Updater and make a public, searchable list of BLIDs and names?

Yes
34 (81%)
No
8 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Support_Updater  (Read 54237 times)

Name, BLID, IP address, and last seen. The public will have access to the names, BLIDs, and last seen times. It's basically like the RTB collection.

No, any server.
oh awesome

Is there any way to open the updater whenever you want? (I literally just started using this so please don't flame me kthx)

Is there any way to open the updater whenever you want? (I literally just started using this so please don't flame me kthx)

It should appear when you restart Blockland. If not, set $Pref::Updater::QueryInterval to 0. That variable is the number of days between update checks. Also, I tend not to flame people :)

It should appear when you restart Blockland. If not, set $Pref::Updater::QueryInterval to 0. That variable is the number of days between update checks. Also, I tend not to flame people :)
I tried setting it to 0, didn't fix it.

Could you please upload your copy of Support_Updater.zip (found in your add-ons folder) to something like http://www.filedropper.com/ ? Then post the link here.

edit: Can you upload your console log as well? This seems to be an issue for quite a few people.

How can I fix this error with my Modified GRTB? (It's not receiving updates, I am using Pastebin and OneDrive if that helps. I tried getting the new download link (the download link changed), but it still won't work.
Here is the pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/KYvix4y8
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:54:18 AM by Mr Queeba »

How often are updates checked? I added the version.txt file into my add-on, hosted a repository.txt on my website, changed the version number in repo but I didn't get any update message in-game even after restarting the game. Am I doing it right? I didn't change the file but that shouldn't matter? I just want to see if it works.

It works.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:10:05 PM by Demian »

How often are updates checked? I added the version.txt file into my add-on, hosted a repository.txt on my website, changed the version number in repo but I didn't get any update message in-game even after restarting the game. Am I doing it right? I didn't change the file but that shouldn't matter? I just want to see if it works.
I'm having the same issue.

It works.

Ok, great.

How can I fix this error with my Modified GRTB? (It's not receiving updates, I am using Pastebin and OneDrive if that helps. I tried getting the new download link (the download link changed), but it still won't work.
Here is the pastebin:
I have no idea what you're trying to do, but it's probably a bad idea.
I'm having the same issue.
You're having other issues because you're messing with the version.txt files. Don't do that.

Greek2me how did you get the "queried # times" on your repo page? I've been Googling GET variables but can't quite figure it out. I mean you're sending the variable a .TXT file not a .PHP file?

Here is the pastebin:

GRTB does not use Support_Updater. The only way to "receive" updates for it is to download the newest version from my topic. I have heard that Greek2Me is trying to overwrite GRTB with his own version using Support_Updater. A sneaky move. Are you doing this to everyone's add-ons you don't like/take upon yourself to "fix"? Or am I just special? Or is this rumor bogus? Curiosity.

GRTB does not use Support_Updater. The only way to "receive" updates for it is to download the newest version from my topic. I have heard that Greek2Me is trying to overwrite GRTB with his own version using Support_Updater. A sneaky move. Are you doing this to everyone's add-ons you don't like/take upon yourself to "fix"? Or am I just special? Or is this rumor bogus? Curiosity.
Oh. Removing Support_Updater support.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:37:22 PM by Mr Queeba »

Greek2me how did you get the "queried # times" on your repo page? I've been Googling GET variables but can't quite figure it out. I mean you're sending the variable a .TXT file not a .PHP file?

The page is actually a PHP script that does some statistics and then serves this TXT file: http://mods.greek2me.us/repository.txt

Here's an abridged version of the PHP file:
Code: [Select]
<?php
$repository 
"repository.txt";

if(
strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], "Torque/") !== 0)
{
//This is a request from somebody in a web browser
//display the fancy downloads page
}
else
{
//This is a request from Support_Updater
//store user stats here

header("Content-Type: text/plain");
ob_end_flush();
readfile($repository);
}
?>

My apologies. This is the code that Support_Updater uses to update RTB:
Code: [Select]
%crc = getFileCRC("Add-Ons/System_ReturnToBlockland.zip");
if(%crc $= "-343036381")
%channel = "DAProgs";
else if(%crc $= "-642662817")
%channel = "Port";
else
%channel = "NO_INET";
The way the update was performed, once I released it I could not add another potential version, for example, GRTB. "My" version of RTB isn't really mine - it's just the original RTB with any features that use ReturnToBlockland.com removed. This was used as the default version to install because returntoblockland.com will become available again in several months and it could be a security concern. I overlooked GRTB while writing the code.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:10:20 PM by Greek2me »