Author Topic: Script_ReapTempbricks  (Read 4234 times)

There are examples of glitches that leave tempbricks behind permanently. As such, these are problematic to long-running servers. This mod gives admins two new commands to deal with these tempbricks.

/reapTempbricks - admin and SA only. Usually reaps all tempbricks not currently owned by a client. Misses some disowned tempbricks in special cases. Does not affect Duplorcator.
/forceReapTempbricks - SA only, a lot laggier. Reaps all disowned tempbricks, period. Destroys Duplorcator copies. Use with caution.

Download

I remember this on my server. It was really useful when the duplicator somehow broke with tempbricks not clearing.

Why "reap" and not just "clear"

overwrites a default command

"Clear" would imply that it's clearing every tempbrick, including ones actually owned by someone.

"Reap" implies that it only clears "dead" tempbricks, or ones which aren't owned by anyone.

"Clear" would imply that it's clearing every tempbrick, including ones actually owned by someone.

"Reap" implies that it only clears "dead" tempbricks, or ones which aren't owned by anyone.
Clever.

Would this fix that horrible slayer glitch with duplocator leaving ghost bricks of duplications?

Would this fix that horrible slayer glitch with duplocator leaving ghost bricks of duplications?
Yes.

it's already been fixed ://

Some dedicated servers don't have the update

I once helped with a small part of a huuuge hogwarts map. I think it might have been ostinyo who was building it. Anyway, when we finished that small thing we were working on, we duped it and because of the huge brickcount, the tempbricks stayed there. Lol, this command would have been really useful.

It's been fixed in the development version but most servers don't have that yet.

You can download it here: http://mods.greek2me.us/storage/Gamemode_Slayer/Gamemode_Slayer.zip

It's been fixed in the development version but most servers don't have that yet.

You can download it here: http://mods.greek2me.us/storage/Gamemode_Slayer/Gamemode_Slayer.zip
Whenever I click the link it says the webpage is not available....

Because it sounds cooler.

Because it sounds cooler.

"If you're called the Hive Five, how come there are six of you?"
"'Cause... it sounds... cooler?"