Annie's Medieval RP Unfair Ban

Author Topic: Annie's Medieval RP Unfair Ban  (Read 6597 times)

holy stuff this thread is just one big wall of text

i honestly hate RP. the whole "RP combat" is so dumb. "your turn to attack :)) woops i dodged it cause i said so :3 *turns into my TRUE wolf form* taste THIS!!!". it would be so much cooler if he actually dodged it, then actually transformed into a different form and there was actual combat going on. admins ban you when you attempt to do something that isn't drawn out and over dramatic.
Reminds me of the stupid pretend games I'd play in elementary school. I'm not meaning to imply that there are no elementary schoolers playing Blockland, but seriously this actually appeals to people still?

Safe to say... thread backfire?

yeah uh it appears actual combat as opposed to mixing it w/ words and actions makes the better rp. i mean that as in your dude is literally under assault from another player & its a life or death situation-and an especially quick one unless you make things work. never experienced the same feeling expressed in words. not to say dice cant also permit the same feelings, theyre really a heart pounding gamble and all-but why not use the pre existing combat system that was first established with this game?

Then you would have to deal with RDM

false, that stims entirely from how willing players and the host are to reinforce laws against assault + murder along with a justifiable punishment that follows. as long as protection and rationality has precedence in the location, players will be less inclined to cause conflict, so long as they are knowledgeable of the laws. outside of that, yeah the wilderness isnt a very welcoming place-laws usually have no effect there unless expansion or designation takes place. as long as the punishments have enough severity, crime will become uncommon, and if it does not-jail people, threaten them, put them on a death sentence that results in a ban/permaban

generally, gamemodes that require admins are relatively broken

Even with punishments in place, you still have to deal with RDM.

i cant think of a perfect society without rdm, especially for this setting. dark ages werent exactly categorized by flowers, butterflies, and a lack of a death rate. this era in history had some plenty of suffering for everyone to endure, whether it be by the loss of their loved ones or outright torture. also the term in itself has a bit of irony, conflicting with the motive behind a kill-no matter how minor or major the impact has on the server.

Safe to say... thread backfire?

I watched this for 15 minutes.

What would be nice is if there was a footstep mod so players can be heard approaching.  That way, thieves can be detected, and there would be no break in continuity.

Also an interesting concept that I've employed.  Have VCE variables applied to either clients or special variables to minigames that specify BL_ID.  These are applied for instance when a player kills another player in the minigame.  Using this, you can add demerits or something.  When you capture them, you can see their crimes, and jail/execute/torture or whatever.

So was and used? What mod is it and who made it.
That person is to blame for these issues.

Finish the mod. Make gameplay work without all the manual administration work.
Don't half create content then expect the rest to be done on the honor code.

loving lazy modders these days

"What mod was used"

Lol phone autotype

theportalmaster all over again Who plays on annies anyways? Its pretty much a medieval build, I've never seen anyone rp on that server, and the addons there are kinda weird, not really a veteran roleplayer experience I'd say.

how accurate is the statistic that 50% of players actually want to roll a thief? and even if that % is correct, what does it matter? from what im seeing, the server has been and always will be built around the players. limiting them in turn limits the possibilities in "the story", not sure about you, but if half of the server`s thieves were to cooperate, there could be a pretty sick territoral dispute and mass raiding going on. from my viewpoint, the player should have the final decision on their play style, not the host-though that does not limit your ability to jail these wrong doers on various accounts of loitering, stealing, begging, and the likes. punish thieves in creative ways, use gullotines & hangings to invoke fear and risk so nobody rolls thief (also long respawn times or bans could help)
We tried that and it didn't loving work, so we just skipped straight to the ban (we don't want to punish legit rpers who get stuck in a door somewhere and have to Self Delete).
yeah uh it appears actual combat as opposed to mixing it w/ words and actions makes the better rp. i mean that as in your dude is literally under assault from another player & its a life or death situation-and an especially quick one unless you make things work. never experienced the same feeling expressed in words. not to say dice cant also permit the same feelings, theyre really a heart pounding gamble and all-but why not use the pre existing combat system that was first established with this game?
Ok, lemme clarify something here:
Cysero's server back in V19 used the game's preexisting combat mechanics. However, due to the general inability of those combat mechanics to simulate a decent loving battle (a dumb half-ogre and a hobo kid managed to team up to kill a three-stories-tall pretender-god cyborg-ninja-warrior from the future. We killed him without dying once.) it was deemed necessary by Cysero (SA on Annie's) and Annie that the ingame combat system should be disabled, since the sheer level of RDMing caused more problems than it solved and good storytellers can make the battles still feel decent. Also I should note that we hate losing stufftons of characters to a single completely unforseen strike, destroying permanently all our plans and development and forcing us to start all over again. and again. and again.
false, that stims entirely from how willing players and the host are to reinforce laws against assault + murder along with a justifiable punishment that follows. as long as protection and rationality has precedence in the location, players will be less inclined to cause conflict, so long as they are knowledgeable of the laws. outside of that, yeah the wilderness isnt a very welcoming place-laws usually have no effect there unless expansion or designation takes place. as long as the punishments have enough severity, crime will become uncommon, and if it does not-jail people, threaten them, put them on a death sentence that results in a ban/permaban
Again, we tried that. It didn't work. Now we just skip to step ban.
i cant think of a perfect society without rdm, especially for this setting. dark ages werent exactly categorized by flowers, butterflies, and a lack of a death rate. this era in history had some plenty of suffering for everyone to endure, whether it be by the loss of their loved ones or outright torture. also the term in itself has a bit of irony, conflicting with the motive behind a kill-no matter how minor or major the impact has on the server.
This is a fantasy setting. Healing magic is accessible.
theportalmaster all over again Who plays on annies anyways? Its pretty much a medieval build, I've never seen anyone rp on that server, and the addons there are kinda weird, not really a veteran roleplayer experience I'd say.
You evidently got on right after a crash. It takes a bit for the rp to start back up when the server returns after quite a bit of downtime. It got a lot of actual rp-ing done today around the occaisional lag-outs of doom. There are a couple of addons that we could do without (the weird arcane pack thing; i think we only even use that for the hand poses, and a few other things i don't recall at the moment).
generally, gamemodes that require admins are relatively broken
What would be nice is if there was a footstep mod so players can be heard approaching.  That way, thieves can be detected, and there would be no break in continuity.

Also an interesting concept that I've employed.  Have VCE variables applied to either clients or special variables to minigames that specify BL_ID.  These are applied for instance when a player kills another player in the minigame.  Using this, you can add demerits or something.  When you capture them, you can see their crimes, and jail/execute/torture or whatever.
So was and used? What mod is it and who made it.
That person is to blame for these issues.

Finish the mod. Make gameplay work without all the manual administration work.
Don't half create content then expect the rest to be done on the honor code.

loving lazy modders these days
The point is it's not supposed to be a gamemode gameplay-wise. It's not about the damn gameplay it's about writing a loving story. If you don't want to write a loving story that's your own business.
On that note I will say that we really should add footstep sounds or at least something to that nature, since many times people have walked right past each other and not noticed despite the general storyline importance of noticing people around you.