32 (82.1%)
Kinda useless
2 (5.1%)
Less chat lines please
1 (2.6%)
BOOO
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Server Polls - Like Server Voting but better!  (Read 3441 times)

Hello all, I'd like to introduce a new mod called Server Polls.
It's loosely based off of Dephurites' old "Server Vote" mod, but shares no functioning code with it, and I made it because that version was an absolute pigsty, riddled with bugs and sloppy code.

Its most basic function is to allow admins and up to create polls that everyone on the server can vote Yes or No to.

It has 3 main commands, the first two being restricted to admins and the third being available to everyone.

Commands!
/newPoll (Duration of poll in seconds) (Poll topic) (or /newVote)
Creates a new poll with the given topic that will last for the specified number of seconds. Admin-only.

/endPoll
Ends the current poll if there's one currently going. Admin-only.

/SV (Option) (Or alternatively /Vote)
Locks in your option for the current poll. Yes, yup, y, etc. to vote for Yes, and No, nope, n, etc. to vote for No.
Accessible to everyone, and the command will also tell you the topic of the poll again if you've already voted.

Example! (With pictures!)

The following commands, when used by an admin, will be shown in the server like so:
/newPoll 120 Is Ipquarx the coolest thing since sliced bread?
/Vote Yes
/endPoll
(Optional)

Download!

By chance interested in downloading said mod? Marvelous! Just click on this here button:

I like this better than Script_ServerVoting!

Did you really need to take up 4 lines of chat just to start a vote? That seems way too spammy. At least put the "type /SV yes/no" line into the "The vote will end in..." line, and make the message to the vote starter only appear once. And the MESSAGE TO VOTE STARTER is ugly and annoying.

And put the final results line and the amount of votes into one line too.

Did you really need to take up 4 lines of chat just to start a vote? That seems way too spammy. At least put the "type /SV yes/no" line into the "The vote will end in..." line, and make the message to the vote starter only appear once. And the MESSAGE TO VOTE STARTER is ugly and annoying.

And put the final results line and the amount of votes into one line too.
I don't expect people to be starting votes every other second since it's admin only. It is a valid point though.

The message to vote starter thing is only given to the person who starts to vote, to notify them that they're able to stop the vote, rather than create a separate help command.

I'll definitely try to meld in the chat lines to reduce the total number of them though, thanks for the suggestion.

This seems like an addon that someone just learning how to script would make lol.

This seems like an addon that someone just learning how to script would make lol.
Why? It's very useful, and the old one sucks.

So?