Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 219396 times)

No, but somebody could make a mod for it!

No, but somebody could make a mod for it!
I swear there was a way to punish friendly fire with death.

You can using VCE and detecting when minigame kills happen.

Detect the last kill by the player, save a variable to their client that records their score.  On the next kill, record the score again and create a new variable that is the difference between the first and the second variables.  If this equals the friendly fire penalty, then kill the player.

You can using VCE and detecting when minigame kills happen.

Detect the last kill by the player, save a variable to their client that records their score.  On the next kill, record the score again and create a new variable that is the difference between the first and the second variables.  If this equals the friendly fire penalty, then kill the player.
Or just make it 10 times easier and script a mod that puts the preference into Slayer.

can you make some target events for the team captains? For example OnActivate - TeamCaptain(Team => name of team) - PlayerTransform. I would like to use the team captains as a way to have mobile spawns, like squad spawning from battlefield.

Also team captain-specific OnActivate and player touch and such

Also team captain-specific OnActivate and player touch and such

I'd love to have a million different input events for teams, but the problem is that for each event, it takes up about six slots in the event list. (1 per team)

Unless Badspot implements this, I won't really be able to do it.

I'd love to have a million different input events for teams, but the problem is that for each event, it takes up about six slots in the event list. (1 per team)

Couldn't you do something like
OnActivate>Self>CheckPlayerTeam>[Team number/Name] [Event numbers]
OnPlayerTeamFailure>Client>CenterPrint>You are not on team X
OnPlayerTeamSuccess>Self>CheckPlayerIsCaptain>[Event numbers]
OnPlayerIsCaptain>Client>CenterPrint>You are captain of team X
OnPlayerNotCaptain>Client>CenterPrint>You are not captain of team X

Of course I'm bad at naming events but this is one basic idea if you want to condense it
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 06:54:39 PM by Who Cares99 »

Couldn't you do something like
OnActivate>Self>CheckPlayerTeam>[Team number/Name] [Event numbers]
OnPlayerTeamFailure>Client>CenterPrint>You are not on team X
OnPlayerTeamSuccess>Self>CheckPlayerIsCaptain>[Event numbers]
OnPlayerIsCaptain>Client>CenterPrint>You are captain of team X
OnPlayerNotCaptain>Client>CenterPrint>You are not captain of team X

Of course I'm bad at naming events but this is one basic idea if you want to condense it
That could work actually but it would make eventing a tiny bit less easy to use, but it could be an interesting solution.

I think bounty hunter could use some improvements:
  • always have current target on screen
  • if your target dies, assign new target
  • built in afk kicker
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 09:38:25 PM by Farad »

What about spawn bricks for captains?

You could do the annoying-but-functional method of having a setEventTeam event that specifies what team to trigger events for.

Modders, take a look at this draft of the new game mode API: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=267649.0

coming in Slayer 4

bug report:

note: I'm not using any conflicting add-ons or player-types.
I had to update slayer on my cbmhost sever (this was an old old old version of slayer, like 3.1 or something i don't remember). So I uninstalled Gamemode_Slayer and replaced it with the one from the OP. This happened.

Try making a new minigame from scratch, and make sure the server and client version are the same. Also, restart the server if you didn't do that.

I recognize that behavior from bricks that spawn items or vehicles.
When you have the add-on disabled when you load a brick with an item/vehicle from that add-on, it shows the same white spaces at the respective slots.
Did you by any chance not have the items and playertype you used enabled that you normally had with that minigame?