Slayer | New Bugfix Update

Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 219943 times)

I just posted this in the BlockNet thread again but I'll post it here too since it's relevant. It seems that pre-version 4 Slayer would default to only allowing the 'actual host' to create a minigame. This can be modified through the settings, but normally that can only be accessed by having permission in the first place. This proves to be a problem for BlockNet clients with rental keys since they can never truly join as the host.

However, you can set the permission preference with this command.
Slayer.Prefs.setPref("Permissions","Create Minigame Rights","1");

I just changed the default setting in Slayer 4 to allow anyone (regardless of admin privileges) to create a minigame. (This is changeable by the host of course)

Hey i am trying to update this for my server but i reinstalled slayer and closed blockland for restart and i was gone for an hour and it didnt update! I AM SO FIREKN MAD RIGHT NOW! i need to update slayer but it wont f**king work!

Lol calm down. You need to reopen Blockland manually.

Hey i am trying to update this for my server but i reinstalled slayer and closed blockland for restart and i was gone for an hour and it didnt update! I AM SO FIREKN MAD RIGHT NOW! i need to update slayer but it wont f**king work!
lol this is gold
there's no way to restart blockland within code... it's already done once the restart dialog shows up, just open the game

This is the MOST EPIC ADDON IN BLOCKLAND! Congrats Greek2Me! Join Me Sometime!

I can't get Search and Destroy working ;_;

Team spawns work for regular TDM just fine, but on s&d, neither regular team spawns OR the attacker/defender spawns work, you just spawn in the air and freefall to your death.

Edit: Assuming I f8 to the ground before I die, I can't get bomb to work either.  Standing on it does nothing.  Do I just not know how search and destroy works?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:11:17 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »

S&D might not be compatible with Slayer 4 yet. Can you post a console log?

I've always had the idea to have Achievements in the Slayer Gamemode. That would be so cool.

I can't get Search and Destroy working ;_;

Team spawns work for regular TDM just fine, but on s&d, neither regular team spawns OR the attacker/defender spawns work, you just spawn in the air and freefall to your death.

Edit: Assuming I f8 to the ground before I die, I can't get bomb to work either.  Standing on it does nothing.  Do I just not know how search and destroy works?
same

Build Cycle isn't working. Shows The Maps List but Minigames List is empty, even tho i click Add, the Name shows for about 1 frame and dissapears... Is This Problem happening because it's not compatible with the new versions?

Build Cycle isn't working. Shows The Maps List but Minigames List is empty, even tho i click Add, the Name shows for about 1 frame and dissapears... Is This Problem happening because it's not compatible with the new versions?
Build Cycle is unsupported, so don't expect too much help here. The GUI is completely broken if I'm not mistaken, try using the commands. /buildcycle

Yellow skin bug should be fixed with the latest security patch.

I'd be cool if you could add a short description to Slayer prefs when you register them. Because sometimes a few words isn't enough.

That can definitely be done once we get to Slayer 4.