Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 221761 times)

Greek, do you think you'll ever update the End of Round Report GUI. I think you could make it a little more "prettier" than how it is in it's current state.

The Team GUI looks a bit cramped like that indeed.
Perhaps you can move the team captain part downwards (as you said it was now scrollable) and add some more options for team captains (as suggested) to the left of it, including the option to put team captains on or off for that team?
As long as the most important options are at least slightly visual when you enter the GUI, it should be fine, captains in team is a nice addition, but it is less important then the other things IMO.

Hah. A day or two ago I thought "Hm. Slayer should have team captains.".

You should make an option to automatically sort team captains, taking random players, the highest scoring players from the previous round, or just the highest scoring on each team during the round. You should also make it so that people can set the points gained from killing the captain to be different from those gained from killing normal players. (You probably already were planning on this though)
This

Lately I found some motivation to work on this again (namely boredom), so I made some changes to the team GUI.  As you can see, it includes a full-height scroll bar (like the General tab) so that I can add more options and make things less cramped. Right now everything is very close together and I don't think it looks very appealing. I'd like your input.

Hmm. You could try a tabbed setup for the bottom half, one for standard players, one for captains. Would open up room for separate uniforms for captains, and the space for the team specific settings can be used for captain-specific settings like the selection process in that tab.

Also, any chance we'll be seeing "Default" as an option in the team settings any time soon, as an option to use the minigame's main settings? So you could have two teams and set all their gear and their playertypes to "default," and then you just change the settings in the general panel to apply it to both teams.

Hmm. You could try a tabbed setup for the bottom half, one for standard players, one for captains. Would open up room for separate uniforms for captains, and the space for the team specific settings can be used for captain-specific settings like the selection process in that tab.

Also, any chance we'll be seeing "Default" as an option in the team settings any time soon, as an option to use the minigame's main settings? So you could have two teams and set all their gear and their playertypes to "default," and then you just change the settings in the general panel to apply it to both teams.
Wasn't the sync there to sync it with the default stuff?

Wasn't the sync there to sync it with the default stuff?
No idea. Can't click the little question mark bubble to find out because it's a static image. Also suddenly can't remember if Torque GUIs support tooltips. Also my initial suggestion from way back whenever was to apply a similar functionality to advanced team settings, like respawn timers and lives and such. If that worked well it might even work in the uniform selection, so selecting "default" for one slot or color would use the player's outfit, so you could do stuff like give all players on a zombie team green faces and red hands, or give blue hats to a police team, while still allowing for some degree of customization by the players.

The "Sync" checkbox will do that. It's in the current version. (also, the question marks should be clickable??)

Greek, do you think you'll ever update the End of Round Report GUI. I think you could make it a little more "prettier" than how it is in it's current state.

Do you have a suggestion for it? It's functional, at least. Maybe I could double-space all of the lines and only display a limited number of players.

(also, the question marks should be clickable??)
Oh, I thought that was just a preview for something yet to come. Didn't know that update was out. I just meant that I couldn't click on the picture for more info, lol. Sorry for the confusion.

Do you have a suggestion for it? It's functional, at least. Maybe I could double-space all of the lines and only display a limited number of players.
How about using a scroll wheel? =P

I think that the "New" and "Delete" buttons should be at the bottom row of the upper are, in line with "[ ] Balance New Teams", and the "Select a Captain" drop-down should be under "Select a Player", and push the "Move" and "Remove" buttons down.

can you make some target events for the team captains? For example OnActivate - TeamCaptain(Team => name of team) - PlayerTransform. I would like to use the team captains as a way to have mobile spawns, like squad spawning from battlefield.

can you make some target events for the team captains? For example OnActivate - TeamCaptain(Team => name of team) - PlayerTransform. I would like to use the team captains as a way to have mobile spawns, like squad spawning from battlefield.

Nice idea.

Just asking for a reminder, as I'm dumb and almost everyone knows the answer to this - how and can you punish friendly fire with death?