Author Topic: [VIDEO] WhoTower Fire | Advanced RPG Fire Department Gameplay  (Read 1736 times)

This is just some footage taken from being on the fire dept. on Who Cares99's Advanced RPG. Just posting this in the hope of getting new members, we use Steam groups for radio/voice chat and have a massive map/job selection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dWlYR_2H0E&feature=gp-n-y

I would suggest for you to shorten the intro. In my experience, I've found 20 seconds is too long.
It was also a bit harder to hear you and your buds. I would either turn down your game audio while recording or have them all turn up their mics if it's not like TeamSpeak or something.
The framerate is also just a little choppy. Maybe you could play on minimum while recording?

But overall it's good. I've never heard of this server before so I'll have to check it out

EDIT: Oh and the black bars... What resolution do you record at?

Sorry about the black bars, my screen recorder's messed up.

We're making an official server topic soon, here's a quick summary:

Advanced RPG takes the term "roleplaying" to a whole new level. You can do anything on one of 4 select islands, we have a balanced economy system and bank robbery system. We have police/ATC (air traffic control) codes used on the voice chat heard in the video. Below is the listed rules taken from the old topic.

*Policing(saywat?)
Jailtimes:
Jailtime based on crimes: Start at 2 minute and add/subtract based on your actions.
Normal Crimes (Such as car theft, being an accomplice in any crime, robbery, and reckless endangerment): +1 min
Murder, Attempted Murder of Police, Rape, Kidnapping, Bank Robbery, and a Standoff: +3 mins
Running from police, resisting arrest: +1-2 mins
Surrendering peacefully, turning yourself in: -1 or -2 mins

Incidents:
Incident codes are based on jailtimes.
A crime with a +2 minute jailtime would be "I-2"
A crime with a +3 minute jailtime would be "I-3"
A crime with a +4 minute jailtime would be "I-4"
A pursuit/a suspect resisting arrest would be "I-R" or "I-P"
A suspect being taken into custody would be I-C
An incident with no jaitime (like a car crash) is "I-0"
To say multiple incidents, say "I-# and I-#..."

Backup codes:
B1: Officer needs help ASAP, all units respond.
B2: Officer needs help, all units respond.
B3: Officer needs help ASAP, available units respond.
B4: Officer needs help, available units respond.
B5: Officer needs help ASAP, multiple available units respond.
B6: Officer needs help, multiple available units respond.
B7: Officer needs help ASAP, single available unit respond.
B8: Officer needs help, single available unit respond.
B9: Officer likely needs help, single available unit respond.
B10: Officer might need help, single available unit respond.
If you are needed as backup, GET YOUR ASS OVER THERE or you will be fired.
Basically, the lower the number the more intense the situation, and the more backup the officer needs.

*Piloting
Section 1:
Before flight, ask for clearance to fly. Do this by by saying "[Your call sign] requesting flight clearance from [airport you're at] to [airport you're going to]."
Your call sign is the first three letters of your name and the first three letters of your BL_ID. If you are in a passenger jet, say "heavy" after your call sign.
If you are in a private jet, say "Medium" after your call sign. If you are in a plane too small to go to a jetway, say "light" after your call sign.

Section 2:
After that, ask permission to taxi to the runway by saying "[Your call sign] requesting permission to taxi to the runway, [Airport you are at]"
The controller will hopefully say a runway number for you to taxi to. To know which runway this is, look at your compass to see where to taxi. (Download compass mod on RTB.)
A runway named 36 goes north. 9 goes east, 18 goes south, and 27 goes west. This will be all that you will encounter on Blockland because it only has 4 fricken directions.

Section 3:
When it comes time to land, say this to the controller. "[Your call sign] requesting permission to land at [airport you want to land at]."
The controller (once again, hopefully) will say a runway number to land at. Use the system discussed in book 2 to figure out what runway this is.
Remember to land softly, otherwise you might explode. You want to point the nose up a little bit and go in slowly, using a slow speed to go downwards.

Section 4:
Once landed, ask for permission to taxi to the gate by saying "[Your call sign] requesting permission to taxi to the gate."
The controller will probably say a terminal number. Terminal 1 is the terminal with jetways, normally on the right. Terminal 2 has no jetways, usually on the left.
"But wait, what was that other thing, gate 5?" The gate number is how many gates down it is. If you get gate 5, look at the very left, and count, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Oh look! That's gate 5!

Section 5:
Some variation is acceptable on how you say things, as long as all the information is included.
A lot of a variation is accepted when you ask to land because often people wait until the last second to ask and if they type for a while, they crash into the dirt.
When asking permission to taxi, don't ask for a certain number, like requesting taxi to runway 9 or gate 5. The controller will give you the number.

Section 6:
Before flying a helicopter, request flight clearance by saying "[Call sign] is [which heli, like blue UH-1] requesting flight clearance at [airport you are at]."
After flying a helicopter, say "[Call sign] has landed at [airport you are at]."

I am a trusted modder and admin on the server, we hope to get some new players.

Ok.

• Shorten the intro; it grinds peoples gears when you have a minute long intro.
  • Turn down the music; don't blow peoples ears out.
  • That map looks terrible, use ramps for beaches
  • An RP is not an RPG
  • Maybe shorten it and show parts that are exciting and important?
  • Maybe that is why noone is there? Because it's an RP?
  • Improve build
  • your a terrible firefighter

We're nearing the brick limit, we're saving bricks.

your intro was 20 seconds of ear rape

your intro was 20 seconds of ear rape
Forgot to lower volume.

Forgot to lower volume.
this is why no one is going to come; you don't film a 20 minute video; throw in some stuffty intros; and publish it to make people join

atleast watch your video I mean cmon

Nice. I never new -Bear- and my friends from bears airport played that server! Il come by!

The topic you linked is out of date; I'll try to fix it when I can.

Ok.

• Shorten the intro; it grinds peoples gears when you have a minute long intro.
  • Turn down the music; don't blow peoples ears out.
  • That map looks terrible, use ramps for beaches
  • An RP is not an RPG
  • Maybe shorten it and show parts that are exciting and important?
  • Maybe that is why noone is there? Because it's an RP?
  • Improve build
  • your a terrible firefighter
Ok.

• The map is built with low quality because it is huge. While all you've seen is BLBA and the inside of the fire station at CCMI, you can still see that I use as few bricks as I can. Now imagine how big the map is considering that there are around 128,000 bricks. I didn't use ModTerrain because it made me go over my data block limit because of all the mods that enhance the RPG.
  • I am aware of the difference between an RP and RPG. I changed the name to RPG when I added a custom slayer money mod (private, not made by me), which was a big leap in making it not just be an RP. I'm working on finding a working hunger mod, and I'm trying to find a way to make a delay of 900000 that doesn't require a relay using 30 bricks or events that break if I save while they are in use so that I can make a renting system for apartments.
  • I assume he showed the whole thing to show what the server is actually like, unlike other videos.
  • There were actually 10 players on the server at the time, you only saw the fire department and a couple police. I have since lowered the player limit because it lags me.
  • Already addressed this. The map is made to be functional, not pretty.
  • That was the first day of having a fire department; we have a little work to do.

Before the question arises, the building is referred to as a tower because it used to be a cubescape tower before I changed it to a business center, removing all cubescape buildings.

Edited: Touched it up on my computer. This was pretty damn hard to wright on a phone.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 12:18:50 PM by Who Cares99 »

You lost me at the ten second mark.