Author Topic: Sending binary data to a server  (Read 1182 times)

Is it even possible to use a TCPobject  to upload a .png image to a web site with HTTP post?

Nevermind sending it, how exactly do you plan on reading the png file?

Nevermind sending it, how exactly do you plan on reading the png file?
It's impossible to do this too?

Never jump the gun when you're coding. Take things one step at a time. If you want to send some data from a file to a server you first need to read in the data.

But to answer your question: No, because of how blockland file reading works, it is impossible to reliably read any file containing null characters and it's also impossible to write the null character to a file.

Wish there was something baddy could do about that, but it's probably pretty hard coded.

Wish there was something baddy could do about that, but it's probably pretty hard coded.
Well he could implement methods to have a tcp object read and send a binary file just like he wrote methods to make it receive and save one. Atleast they aren't tge default.

Well he could implement methods to have a tcp object read and send a binary file just like he wrote methods to make it receive and save one. Atleast they aren't tge default.

No, those are a default part of TGE.

No, those are a default part of TGE.
They are?

Well he could still write methods to read and send a binary file.

You could hackishly bind the image as a texture file. Please correct me if im wrong but im afraid the only other way would be by making engine changes.

You could hackishly bind the image as a texture file. Please correct me if im wrong but im afraid the only other way would be by making engine changes.

Not exactly how textures work. You are still uploading an image. even if you could upload an object like magic, you can't expect the server to be able to handle it.

OP, If you want to make a TS safe image format, and make a server which can parse into another image format, that would be about the only option possible in TS alone.

OP, If you want to make a TS safe image format, and make a server which can parse into another image format, that would be about the only option possible in TS alone.
I was planning to read .png screenshots, so I do not think this is possible.