Author Topic: Emil's Useful Brick-packs (new + old)  (Read 24739 times)

Well how the hell are you supposed to get banned for announcing new features

nonono that isn't what I meant at all!

I'll try making drawings like that right after eating lunch

Ok, here:

Vertical ones:

Horizonal ones:

Light grey is bricks and vertical plates, green are bricks that work just the way they are right now, red are the ones where I want you to fix the angle and dark grey are the ones I want you to create.

You see, this way it is possible to build large wedges with them, diagonal beams and whatnot, and at the same time they also become perfect adapters from vertical plates to normal bricks.

This change would make the already very useful small ramps even more useful, and because you don't change the general size of the bricks, also won't break any exising builds.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:34:28 AM by Zeblote »

Did you make all of these?

Yes Skig, I made every single brick myself

As for your idea Zeblote, I don't know if I should change that much...
The Vertical Plates in their plate-thickness are exactly 2/5 of a stud, exactly the same height of plates in general, and for your idea to work I need to change them
into 1/2 of a stud... However, I may be able to add a few new vertical plates to coop with these new Small Ramps.  If I could duplicate the 3 differently-heighted 1x wide and 2x wide plates, and make them slightly thicker (1/2 of a stud) it might work out

Why modify the vertical plates? What?

A vertical plate is exactly 1/2 stud thick. Perfect.

Now the small ramps need to end with a 1/2 stud thick end too.

also, you realize a brick is not a cube? A plate is 0.5x0.5x0.2 and a brick is 05x0.5x0.6 large. Where does the 2/5 come from?

Where does the 2/5 come from?
A plate is 0.5x0.5x0.2
Height over Width, 0.2 / 0.5.

Don't change any, add new ones, but don't make two bricks just for one 'ramp', just have it as one whole brick.

Don't change any, add new ones, but don't make two bricks just for one 'ramp', just have it as one whole brick.
You're not getting the point.

Wait, what the nonsense am I even talking about?

Looks like a perfect fit to me!!

Well yeah, now we just need the fillers to be able to actually make diagonal things with them

I'ma quote your image here

The one in the botom left is useless. it doesn't let us make diagonal things with it.

You wouldn't have all those weird angle problems if he vertical plates and ramps were 1/2 stud thick.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 09:30:57 AM by Zeblote »

Yes Skig, I made every single brick myself
Wow, I've been using the vertical print bricks for as long as I can remember, thanks!

You wouldn't have all those weird angle problems if he vertical plates and ramps were 1/2 stud thick.

True, but then they wouldn't align with the default plates (although he could make 1/2 stud thick floor plates).

Btw, the topless-ramps and wedge bricks are almost what you're looking for.

True, but then they wouldn't align with the default plates (although he could make 1/2 stud thick floor plates).
It's not like anyone is ever going to bend space to rotate a flat plate 90 degrees on the wall and compare it's thickness with the vertical plates, is it??

Btw, the topless-ramps and wedge bricks are almost what you're looking for.
Topless ramps? What how where

Maybe I should just make an "Extended Wedge Pack" with wedge bricks in different rotations, similar to my small ramps. That could eliminate the problem.
I am currently away from my PC, but Ill work on it when I can

Suggestions for this topic
What about the window but without the glass
And some Broken glass sizes