[Brick] Open Book

Author Topic: [Brick] Open Book  (Read 6824 times)

Open Book Brick

Made to fit in with Siba's Book Bricks, this brick fills the need for an open book variant: one I feel was sorely needed.

(On left: Siba's Horizontal Book Brick - On Right: The Open Book Brick)

Note: There is no print surface, if you want to edit it to have sone on the pages please contact me. Thank you.
Download it HERE

Would be useful in a lot of my builds, incredible.

Needs more print on the paper.

Can you release one with a 2:1 ratio print that half goes on one page and half on another? That would make it quite useful for RPG maps and those scary ass maps

I am not sure how to do print faces using Badspots converter.
I've been combing the dev topic for an answer but didnt find anything.

I've also concluded that if I was gonna put a print on the pages, it would be two seperate 2x2 print faces.

But... what? Is that even possible? or you'll make two book halves?

Honestly I'm not sure. I just know nothing about making print faces.

looks quite nice, good job!

I wish I new how to make bricks, but there doesn't seem to be any tutorial here. :c

Honestly I'm not sure. I just know nothing about making print faces.
I think you can't have different prints in the same brick, I mean, 2 at the same time. Theres should be a way to apply my idea tho

I am not sure how to do print faces using Badspots converter.
I've been combing the dev topic for an answer but didnt find anything.
Not possible, have to find the faces, edit their UVs and textures manually. Z0w0's brick editor might be a little helpful

I've also concluded that if I was gonna put a print on the pages, it would be two seperate 2x2 print faces.
Do what I did for polycubes, split the print into four parts so that you can also do something for the covers.

Not possible, have to find the faces, edit their UVs and textures manually. Z0w0's brick editor might be a little helpful
Do what I did for polycubes, split the print into four parts so that you can also do something for the covers.
Since the cover wont be seen, why bother.

Since the cover wont be seen, why bother.
what else would that blank space be? two pages + two nothing.

what else would that blank space be? two pages + two nothing.
Just go half and half, in a 2:1 ratio print

Just go half and half, in a 2:1 ratio print
that would look horrid