Some client-side add-ons

Author Topic: Some client-side add-ons  (Read 3763 times)

I reinstalled Blockland earlier this week to work on a mod idea I had, but when playing on other servers, I couldn't help but miss some old edits I made. I re-wrote them to make sure there weren't any errors and to clean up the code (shoutouts to Cassyroll for the movement logic trick). Incase anyone else finds these edits useful, I figured I'd post them all in one topic. Again, they're nothing fancy, and I'm sure another timestamp add-on exists, but these are the ones I've personally been using since I got used to other games' controls.

Client_DMKeys.zip - Lets you use number keys to select tools when building is disabled.
Client_SmoothMovement.zip - Improves movement slightly by null-cancelling.
Client_TF2Crosshair.zip - Simple port of a Team Fortress 2 crosshair.
Client_Timestamps.zip - Adds timestamps in front each line in your chatbox.

Preview of crosshair and timestamps: http://i.imgur.com/FofSR2j.png

The first two are very helpful for me. Thanks

Wait so what does the movement one do exactly?

The same as this add-on, I'm guessing.

Soooo... Two or three of them have already been made and released by other people(I did one of them).

Usually when you press opposite movement keys, your player stops moving. This script instead takes the input from the last movement key pressed and has a fallback incase you're still holding the one it cancelled out when you release the new one. That explanation might not be great, but a lot of people who play competitive TF2 (myself included) have the script for that game, and as such I've had it in my personal client-side "essentials" pack for awhile now.

Soooo... Two or three of them have already been made and released by other people(I did one of them).

I mentioned in the OP none of these are special and gave credit for the code I directly received.

Why isn't aimbot in there?!

Thanks

Cool, I like DM keys.