Author Topic: Help redirect virus :(  (Read 3011 times)

Chrome is slower than IE in my system. From most to least favorite: Firefox, Safari, Opera, IE6, Chrome, IE7+
Firefox is as glitchy as hell.

Did you go through your programs list?

Backup your favourites/cookies/any other important data and keep a list of your addons, and then uninstall all of your web browsers. Use CCleaner to wipe out all the temporary files and clean your registry, and then use MalwareBytes and maybe even ComboFix (if you're worried about the virus still existing) to nuke any remaining traces of the virus.

Then reinstall either Chrome or Firefox.

Firefox is as glitchy as hell.
Don't pull stuff out of your ass. It's glitchy when you start adding plugins. Same with Chrome. It works just fine and works better for JavaScript developers.

Don't pull stuff out of your ass. It's glitchy when you start adding plugins. Same with Chrome. It works just fine and works better for JavaScript developers.
I have no plugins for firefox, it just glitched out all the time and would freeze my computer.

Whilst Google Chrome doesn't.

Funny how I have the exact same problem with Chrome.

>Uninstall Fire Fox

>Install Google

>Get AdBlock+

>Uninstall Fire Fox

>Install Google

>Get AdBlock+

...Did you even read the thread? He said it carried over to chrome.

???
According to small text at the bottom, maybe clearing cookies might help somehow?
>Uninstall Fire Fox

>Install Google

>Get AdBlock+
1 and 2. Some people prefer Firefox over Google Chrome, me, for example.
3.AdBlock Plus is also avaliable for Firefox

do you guys not know how viruses work?

they don't stay in one browser. deleting your loving browser won't do anything because it's not a plugin or extension for it.

do you guys not know how viruses work?

they don't stay in one browser. deleting your loving browser won't do anything because it's not a plugin or extension for it.

but I like Firefox

I'd use System Restore to fix it

By the way - are you sure the problem is with Firefox only, and not the whole computer?

-snip-
i think it's been established that it's in his whole computer