The SuperKart Gamemode Development Topic - It's Released!

Poll

Would you guys like musics from other games or so to be included on some tracks instead of everything being composed for the gamemode?

Yes, have some tracks with musics from other games and other tracks with composed music
11 (61.1%)
No, compose everything
7 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: The SuperKart Gamemode Development Topic - It's Released!  (Read 113541 times)

i played on farad's server a few times and holy stuff, i loving love the handling
i still hate the engine sounds though. you should make it less obnoxious or remove it entirely
The gamemode is planned to have sound effects like a music for each track, background noises, people cheering, machine sounds, water noises and others, after those are implemented the engine sounds won't feel as obnoxious.

The maxwheelspeed will stay 45 since some tracks will be more narrowed and it's just a more balanced speed when there is 20 destructive drivers on the same track.

Also, I might bring bikes to the mix.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 07:48:59 AM by Filipe »

The maxwheelspeed will stay 45 since some tracks will be more narrowed and it's just a more balanced speed when there is 20 destructive drivers on the same track
I don't think the number of collisions of racers are a result of the kart speeds. No matter what speed the karts are, there'll always be bad drivers running into eachother. Pls consider these things:
  • 52 isn't a huge leap from the original 45 max wheel speed (the only reason I didn't go higher than 52 was that the karts were jumping over the landing ramps on my track and I didn't want to move them).
  • with faster karts, the smaller ramps (especially 8x 1/4 ramps) are smoother to drive over - there could be some cool off-road tracks that use this feature.
  • Before making the karts faster, my server averaged 6 or less players a night if I was online. After making the karts faster, the server averaged 18-20 players (with a max player limit of 20) - the server name was 'Faster Superkarts.'
  • with faster mws, you can actually see the kart accelerating after coming out of sharp turns

To me, the true ideal speed is however high it can go without bouncing when you turn, as long as the tracks you're racing on are made for that speed (my track was originally made for 45 but I found that it works better with 52, even though it's only 48x wide for long parts of it).

« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:21:03 AM by Farad »

care to show a comparison? maybe you could make a gif or a video

care to show a comparison? maybe you could make a gif or a video
If you join my server you can see the difference. I made the superkarts' mws 52 and the atvs' mws 45 (the original speed).

Release music for download please.

Release music for download please.
I will release both an .ogg pack to work in-game and a best quality mp3 soundtrack.

Speaking of music I made plenty of new ones, I might upload a video preview of them soon.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 03:10:27 PM by Filipe »

what is the likelihood that if i make a track it will make it in the gamemode?

Superkart is fun actually

and a glitch that looks cool:

[IG]http://i60.tinypic.com/35d12zl.png[/img]
[IG]http://i57.tinypic.com/1gho9s.png[/img]
[IG]http://i61.tinypic.com/21e94lc.png[/img]
This needs to be kart body, it should be called something like Turbo or Nitro, hmm maybe even the Hyper Kart.

I like Hyper Kart the best.

7 new musics for the gamemode!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlZsvz6YIl8
This is an early preview so they might sound different in the final game

You never answered my question :(

its ok I will just drama you for being a jerk

But seriously how likely is it
what is the likelihood that if i make a track it will make it in the gamemode?

You never answered my question :(

its ok I will just drama you for being a jerk

But seriously how likely is it
Wait for the gamemode to be released then you can make your track.

just kidding just show me if you're a good enough builder and maybe I'll add you on the building team to help us build tracks.

I already am working on a track but it is heavy wip

Farad has seen it

Edit: I'm not very good with detailing but when it comes to the route I'm pretty good
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 06:11:05 PM by newspeed12 »

I already am working on a track but it is heavy wip

Farad has seen it

Edit: I'm not very good with detailing but when it comes to the route I'm pretty good
Well I need help on the tracks on the projects list instead of random tracks like that being made so, if you two could help building some of those tracks on the list that would be very appreciated...

Ill start on a desert track tomorrow because there really isn't much detail to a desert other than cacti and canyons

Ill start on a desert track tomorrow because there really isn't much detail to a desert other than cacti and canyons
No we better group up and host a server to build one together, not a standalone work.