Author Topic: Bloxic RPK [Update]  (Read 10396 times)

Bland, generic and pretty unimaginative...
Doesn't offer a whole lot more to what we already have, or further refine that in fact.
Just another oddly scaled bullet hose.

Still pretty good for a first addon though, regardless if it's generic :/
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 02:06:55 PM by bobafet5 »

Bland, generic and pretty unimaginative...
Doesn't offer a whole lot more to what we already have, or further refine that in fact.
Just another oddly scaled bullet hose.
Mm. I was thinking of adding photon weapons to this pack too, just to add some variance.

plz critisze  :cookie: <3
Sure. Only way you'll improve, after all.

For a first weapon this is kind of okay. It doesn't really do anything new but the model is alright for a first addon.
Not going to grade you on the script since it's all hacked together from everyone else's stuff most likely (not that there's anything wrong with that, the gun just doesn't do anything unique that we havent seen before)
There's some things you could change about it, such as the stock clipping through the arm and the gun itself is very thin, although I personally dislike the hands (so i may be biased) , they look especially odd in this situation because the gun isn't touching the sides of the blockheads "Fingers". It doesn't look like the character is securely holding the gun. The hand at the back (holding the trigger) is at a strange angle and looks very odd. The trigger guard and trigger itself are very thin and the blockhead does not look like he's at all capable of firing the gun. Dispite the name (Which includes a variation of the word "Block" Which is the same thing everyone does when naming everything, seriously don't do this if you want to stand apart from what everyone else is making) It doesn't appear very blocky at all. The bussiness end of the gun looks pretty flimsy next to the blockhead himself. It looks as if he could just kinda step on it wrong and the chamber would snap, very much unlike a real gun, but in a sense a lot like a plastic toy gun, held by an army man. But blockheads aren't green army men. Additionally the shells are way bigger than the chamber of the gun.

Bottom line if you're going for a realistic weapon pack or whatever then you need to make some adjustments to make this not look odd as hell next to the blocky lego figure with floating rayman hands. No one has really managed to do this, so everyone kind of universally decided that the best way to make weapons for this game is to make them look like toys, with harsh blocky angles on everything, but nothing a small child playing with the character could choke on.

For a first addon it is okay. But it doesn't really follow the established artstyle and doesn't break new ground.

2.5 out of 5 stars. Keep at it, buddy. Well done for learning and attempting to model, since you're probably pretty young. Wish I learned when I was around your age.
Mm. I was thinking of adding photon weapons to this pack too, just to add some variance.
I wouldn't do anything this ambitious as a second addon project, especially if you can't script yourself. Stick to what you know already and adapt it to fit better into what we already have.

Still pretty good for a first addon though, regardless if it's generic :/

Mm, not really.. The model is alright, but still, not all that incredible.

That said, it does what it's supposed to so that's always good.

bbs

I like this model do you think you could model more guns in this same style, like a whole weaponry set?, i can code a weapon system for it.

I like this model do you think you could model more guns in this same style, like a whole weaponry set?, i can code a weapon system for it.

I do have a set, just haven't released them.

- P90
- PX4
- G36
- Mosin Nagat

Regarding
i can code a weapon system for it.

If you could add a slight camera shake type recoil and ammo system, I would be happy to let you in on their production.

bbs

My Steam is Trillest
The one with the troll face, you wont miss it, it says Umadbro.

My Steam is Trillest
The one with the troll face, you wont miss it, it says Umadbro.

Found one with a troll face, but the profile doesn't have blockland.

Edit: You're just loving with me, aren't you.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 04:30:38 PM by Damien4545 »

bbs

I host a server my blname is bbs239
i'll show you the system

make it bigger and get rid of some details

get rid of some details
why do people want less detailed guns? :S

Idk, it's what I've decided to name the pack, every weapon I have made so far is "Bloxic"
At least you don't have to dig through all your add-ons to find them all, since they all have the "Bloxic" Abbreviation Prefix. (All in the "B" Section.)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 08:47:05 AM by MANLY MAN BEAR »

why do people want less detailed guns? :S

Well, the guy holding it is literally a bunch of squares...

Well, the guy holding it is literally a bunch of squares...
exactly this. take a gun straight out of COD and put it in roblox and see how that works for you.