/FlipOff - Another way to rage at a player!

Author Topic: /FlipOff - Another way to rage at a player!  (Read 11074 times)

The model has it to where the fingers are on the right side of the hand, looking like a thumbs up instead of flipping off.

I didn't model it, lol. I can't change anything (such as color) because it is a datablock.
i thought you could color the material through code? i did the same thing i did with jack when he colored the flare gun.

i thought you could color the material through code? i did the same thing i did with jack when he colored the flare gun.
I mean change it to their skin, you can do it with datablocks, but it would color all the same ones.

Update request:  If you flip off a vehicle or bot with people in it, it lets everyone inside know.

(I can't fix the recoloring for the skin since it is a datablock)

This is just a idea and I have no idea how well it'd play out in practice. So to begin, you allocate one MiddleFingerImage datablock for every server slot. When a player joins, subscribe them to one of the datablocks and shift it's color to match their hand. then, push an update to everyone (I think you can do this?). When they leave just reset the datablock it's ready to go again.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 05:11:44 AM by Zelothix »

Is there a way to remove datablocks?

Is there a way to remove datablocks?

Nope. At least as far as I'm aware.

What about making the model white and then adjusting ColorShiftColor by getting the right hand node's color.  If there's also a way to update this when a player updates their avatar, this would be cool, too.

lol this is one of the saints row taunts, This is loving hilarious

What about making the model white and then adjusting ColorShiftColor by getting the right hand node's color.  If there's also a way to update this when a player updates their avatar, this would be cool, too.
This would update on everyone's hand as the colorshift.

This really needs a hook variation! (lol)

I honestly forgot I made that "forget_you.wav" file until I found it in some old sounds folder.

Hah! Great use!