Mini City (Futuristic...?)

Author Topic: Mini City (Futuristic...?)  (Read 5149 times)

Here's a mini city I started building yesterday. There aren't really any streets per say, just spaces between buildings. I think it looks pretty cool.

It's obviously not done, but what do you guys think? You can give an x/10 if you want, just keep in mind it's not done.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:25:30 AM by Georges »

That's beautiful, very Mirror's Edge-esque (in a good way).
And unique way to make road layouts.
Maybe add bit of red here and there for going for the above ^

Thanks. I was inspired by Kingdaro's desktop image, which is from mirrors edge.

Pretty good so far, Georges! Like LeetZero said, you could add a bit of red here and there and possibly a few ladders.

Oh my that is gorgeous! Great job Georges! It reminds me of a planned out city.

Oh my that is gorgeous! Great job Georges! It reminds me of a planned out city.
Thanks. :)

People keep finding new ways of using those ultra shaders that I never thought of. They're literally just two averaged shadow tests with different regions "blended together". I think they look so pretty because of bugs with the shadow map itself.

10/10

This should be a parkour map!

Blank textures, ultra shaders and close fog?

Though it's an extreme lack of detail, it is really cool. This kinda stuff looks great in like a town hall as a model of the city

Edit: what you COULD do to spice it up would be a variance in terrain around the area. Include a statue out in the water on an island, make some cliffs, consider a river or two, MAYBE trees? Maybe not. You'd have to see how they look.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:07:53 AM by AdinX »

10/10

This should be a parkour map!
its a bit small for that.

Though I have thought that it would be cool to make a bigger version.

mirrors edge
i really like it tho

Wow, i really like this! 
I suggest separate clusters of tall buildings, it would look nicer and more realistic.
Also, how big is it? I can't really make out whether it's a big modter city or a small print-plate one.

Wow, i really like this! 
I suggest separate clusters of tall buildings, it would look nicer and more realistic.
Also, how big is it? I can't really make out whether it's a big modter city or a small print-plate one.
well
considering the title of the topic is
MINI CITY

Going out on a leap of faith, it's plates and bricks.
it's mini empires sized.

well
considering the title of the topic is
MINI CITY
Well I know that, but when I looked at the pictures it looked like it was made out of modter.

Yah, Adin is correct. Most towers are 4x4 at the base, and the grass is made up of 1/4 8x8 mod terrain.