Author Topic: [Vehicle] GTO my first vehicle released!  (Read 8557 times)

yeah why do people do this
it makes the .zip file unnecessarily large
If you think 19 bytes is much larger... That's sad.

Code: (server.cs) [Select]
exec("./GTO.cs");
why...
I agree, it's useless. But he is simply following Badspot's way of doing things. Badspot does the same in all of his vehicles except Horse and Jeep.

If you think 19 bytes is much larger... That's sad.

Setro is technically right. Know your file formats! There is more information being written in the zip archive than just the files content. Stuff like the size of the file compressed and uncompressed, the length of the file name and the file name itself. There is some other stuff. But that file is probably around 100 or more bytes inside the archive.

Setro is technically right. Know your file formats! There is more information being written in the zip archive than just the files content. Stuff like the size of the file compressed and uncompressed, the length of the file name and the file name itself. There is some other stuff. But that file is probably around 100 or more bytes inside the archive.
Oh no. 100 bytes. How horrible.

osht i cant get it then itll probably fill my hrddrive with 100 bytes!

Good job on your first vehicle, Master.
Ignore most of these starfishs-You'll get better. It just takes time...

To be honest, none of them are being starfishs really. They're all pointing out things you can do better.

I hope most of you realize how much he's improved since he started this addon. He's actually much better at modeling now, it just took him a long time to release this one (he began this one months ago). However, if I were him, I'd definitely go back and do some more smoothing and update it. :)

Looks amazing for beginner
I love the car
It'd be nice if there were pictures showing the front as well.

Good job on your first vehicle, Master.
Ignore most of these starfishs-You'll get better. It just takes time...

Thank you.

-snip-
-snip-

If the unnecessary cruft doesn't push the file over a 4 KiB boundary, then it's a non-issue. Hard drives store files in chunks of 4 KiB, known as a disk sector. If my zip archive has a size of 3996 bytes, and then I increase its size by 100 bytes, then it still takes up exactly one disk sector. Those 100 bytes weren't going to be used.

On the flip side, if the archive has a size of 4096 bytes, and my unnecessary cruft increases its size by one byte, I just doubled its size on disk.

Yet both of these facts overlook an even more important fact. A 4 KiB increase in size on an 80 GiB drive is, well, how can I demonstrate this...

4096:  4 KiB (the smallest possible increase in disk size)
85899345920: 80 GiB (a small hard drive by 2014 standards)

IMO this GTO looks pretty good! Try smoothing it but really I find it amazing, first vehicle or not!

Yo I am Recording about how to get Add-ons For blockland and your add-on is in it :)