ABS FIESTA - LOCKED EDITION

Poll

Where should we start from?

Where we left off
3 (33.3%)
From the beginning
5 (55.6%)
From a specific mission (specify which one in a post or PM to me or Qwepir)
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA - LOCKED EDITION  (Read 129657 times)

whats loretime
who are the huits anyways
why are we fighting a war
why are our friends being sold into salvery

What are the nations involved and what is the culture like in each

who are the huits anyways
why are we fighting a war
why are our friends being sold into salvery
bad bad people

because we must kill bad people

because they are bad

on a scale of baby to satan, how bad

on a scale of baby to satan, how bad
Riddler/stalin crossbreed

The Huitzitlaotani Empire is an alliance of several city-states, arising 500 years ago when they all bound together to defeat the Atzalco, a barbarian nation that had been plundering their lands and generally causing all sorts of trouble. United, they thoroughly trounced the Atzalcans, sacking their cities, gobbling up their lands, and enslaving their people. After that, they entered a period of rapid expansion and prosperity, occasionally going to war with their neighbors for more slaves.

This war started when they attacked the city-state of Gervesia for more slaves. Being a close ally of Gervesia, Mercana stepped in to stop them, and brought Kintharia along with it. Feeling like they were just spat in the face, the Huits turned to their ally, the Imperium Zentragothorum. The beginning of the war went absolutely terrible for the Kino-Mercanan alliance, with the Huits stomping them at sea and the Zentragoths steamrolling them on land. After much deliberation, the Aesthians came to the conclusion that they cannot allow their trading partner, Mercana, to be attacked like this, and they finally joined the war.

What are the nations involved and what is the culture like in each
To be a free man in Huitzitlaotani lands is to be a king among mere men. Over 60% of their population consists of slaves, unable to own land or work in more "dignified" jobs. Their government is a constitutional monarchy. What their king says is law, though nowadays he is more of a figurehead and celebrity, with the elected parliament doing most of the legislation. Huit citizens enjoy a great degree of freedom compared to other nations, and many controversial activities and substances are legal as long as you are not harming others, impeding your own ability to contribute to society, or being indecent. The big event every two years is the National Gladiatorial Combat League's World Tour. Ranging from 100 man reenactments of ancient battles to 6-on-6 tactical operations, to even mock naval battles, there's something for everyone at the Blood Bowl!

Contrary to popular belief, Huit slaves are treated rather well. Despite it being a hereditary status (if you are born from a slave, you are a slave), slaves are allowed to own money, are usually treated fairly by their owners, and may earn citizenship in a number of ways. Joining the armed forces, distinguishing yourself in gladiatorial combat, or even saving up enough money or having your owner purchase your freedom for you are all ways you can become a free man in the Empire, which allows you to own property of your own. Though you must also pass the same incredibly strict citizenship test all immigrants have to take.

The Imperium Zentragothorum is an autocratic superpower located in the central peninsula. Citizens there live a heavily regimented lifestyle, and everyone is required to serve in the military in some capacity for 5 years. Despite the authoritarian government, in times of peace the Zentragoths have quite the bleeding heart when it comes to disaster relief efforts. Aircraft carriers become power plants, bombers load up with ration parcels, and their soldiers deploy to rebuild destroyed homes and roads, also working with local police forces to discourage the looting, crime, and anarchy that usually follows in the wake of natural disasters.

That being said, Zentragoth citizens often find themselves constrained by all the rules and regulations they must live by each day. Entertainment is sparse, and usually poor quality, with only government-sanctioned television and radio programs allowed. Public protests are explicitly forbidden, and all too often have to be dealt with using lethal force. On top of all that, the kindness shown to other nations in times of need is not always extended to its own people. A common joke among Goths in less fortunate cities is that they wish their own country would invade them, so the infrastructure could be repaired.

Mercana is a theocratic representative democracy, and the so-called "Land of Opportunity". The state religion is "Arcologism" whose tenets preach tolerance and compassion for your fellow man, and believes all human life came to this world from a massive starship, thousands of years ago. The starship in question is within their borders, though surrounded by an irradiated zone so deadly, nobody has ever reached the ship itself. Though not a powerful military nation, Mercana has managed to hold on to a lot of land and is currently the largest trade hub in the world.

Countless immigrants arrive each year from far and wide, seeking opportunities for prosperity and success, and there are oh so many opportunities. Mercana is absolutely rich in natural resources still waiting to be uncovered, and just about anyone with a pickaxe and a pasta strainer can find gold and strike it big. On top of that, the government offers such a huge bounty for recovering the Ship's escape pods that anyone lucky enough to find one is assuredly set for life.

End my writing, begin xxxxkill's:

Kintharia is a highly Eastern country, bearing similarity to a continent in a far-off world which has long been forgotten. While generally displaying an isolationist attitude, they will at times be involved with wars. The country is a parliamentary republic, and while the standard of living is rather high, laws are somewhat strict. The isolationist nature of some of the citizens results in a somewhat bad stereotype that Kintharians are tribals. This is only sometimes true. Generally known, stereotypically, for a form of animation which involves incredibly large eyeballs and over-the-top action.

Older generations of Kintharian citizens are sometimes agitated by how the isolationist nature of the country is dissolving, borders being loosened and international relations being more heavily stressed in the government than before. Generally it is acknowledged that these people are absolutely insane and that if they were running the government nothing would get done, and in recent years relations with Mercana in particular had been improved, leading to the current situation where Kintharia provided assistance for the Mercanan aggression.

The NAUC draws its ties from the much older Aesthian Empire, a rather large and expansive empire covering even more territory than the modern NAUC, several islands off the coast, and according to legend, an underwater city. The Aesthian empire had a long and bloody history, generally being referred to by the modern world as the "Empire of the Bloody Hammer."

The NAUC, while less extreme and significantly less likely to start a war than before, would still jump at the chance to assist its allies in any way. As long as "any way" meant explosions and military action was involved. The Coalition is a highly militaristic country, placing large emphasis on the glory of the military. In addition it is one of the few countries in the modern world to have kept a draft going in addition to requiring at least four years of military service.

There is a rather offensive and partially untrue stereotype that all NAUC citizens carry a gun and a flask of mead, and can use both as a weapon.

there you go

-snip-
you should have used my explaination

also i want obrad to lead mission because he did most combat in the failing mission
but i understand if no
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:47:32 PM by mlockha »

i totally forgot what country we are actually fighting for  :cookieMonster:

I whimper, moving my hand to rub the pain away. The attacker makes another move to hit me but oh my god that Huit soldier who kissed me on the beach took that guys hand away and told him to forget off. He then proceeded to wink at me.

Oh my god no.

Speaking of Obrad you have been promote
Congratulate
With that the next tier of aircraft has been unlocked while the rest of you losers get to stick with what you've got. Because you do nothing. Make like Comrade Obrad. Make good remove of slavemaker.
Captains that are not missing in action/enslaved/both can now select from these aircraft at their requisitions computers.

I whimper, moving my hand to rub the pain away. The attacker makes another move to hit me but oh my god that Huit soldier who kissed me on the beach took that guys hand away and told him to forget off. He then proceeded to wink at me.

Oh my god no.

You're gonna be whimpering someWHERE ELSE YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN' HYEH
HYEH
HYYEEEHHH.

I leave the bathroom and snag some food from the mess hall to fill the nagging pit of despair in my stomach. After eating I go back to the barracks and lay on my bunk, dozing off.

You're gonna be whimpering someWHERE ELSE YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN' HYEH
HYEH
HYYEEEHHH.
plsno :ccccc

With a really bad (????), the guy who winked at me says: "Some gum you want?" I look into his gorgeous eyes and nice face and lips and hair and nose and skin and nod my head. Wait no I don't want gu-

The dude shoves gum in my mouth and giggles at I chew it. Alright, at least it is peppermint. [/during dream]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:17:16 PM by Swat 3 »

Right, I'm pulling the plug on this.
You awake from your masochistic, homoerotic dream to find yourself in the belly of a cramped transport ship, handcuffed to a spot on the floor. One of the Mercanan soldiers elbows his buddy and they start laughing at you, mocking both your eye color and the things you were saying in your sleep.

"What?" I saw, starting to shy away, slowly noticing that I do infact talk in my sleep and oh my god that Huit dude's eyes~.

Wait what the forget.

"Shut up. My eyes are... blue... shush!" I say quickly.