Poll

what should i do to the smg...

completely remove the flip clips
27 (22.9%)
keep it the same
47 (39.8%)
offer flip clips as a mod (would replace silencer)
44 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: Advanced Weapon pack [6/8/15]  (Read 91179 times)

Players on my Zed Survival cannot pick up Ammo; we use slayer, and have All Players Bricks enabled, Use Self bricks disabled.

Players on my Zed Survival cannot pick up Ammo; we use slayer, and have All Players Bricks enabled, Use Self bricks disabled.

odd, try and pinpoint a conflicting mod and pm me about it, the ammo pickups system is almost identical to tier tactical, so try and replicate the bug using tier ammo perhaps, (assuming the bug isn't in tier as well).  In fact, make sure its not another weapon conflict, stuff might be getting overwritten.

I found the bug; Sort of. Players must have a full inventory for Ammo Pickups to work. I use an event that uses SpawnItem, would that mean anything?

I found the bug; Sort of. Players must have a full inventory for Ammo Pickups to work. I use an event that uses SpawnItem, would that mean anything?

oh, it very well could, in fact when I use any sort of item spawning event on them it doesn't even sawn, its probably best to make the pickups by spawning them on a brick I guess, ill make some addAmmo events asap for this.

also,(and ill add this to the op) multiple slot player types are not supported, mainly for the mod system, but other things like ammo might also go bad on a multitude slot player type.

anyhow, I'm just glad you figured it out.  :cookie:

i dont know if someone has mentioned this but I found two bugs
1. If you get killed while Aiming Down Sights, your fov gets stuck at that fov unless you ADS and ADS back again.
2. If you equip a silencer on the Rifle and ADS, you cant get out unless you hit q.

i dont know if someone has mentioned this but I found two bugs
1. If you get killed while Aiming Down Sights, your fov gets stuck at that fov unless you ADS and ADS back again.
2. If you equip a silencer on the Rifle and ADS, you cant get out unless you hit q.

oh stuff, ok, ill do a bugfix soon, :/ i guess i really overlooked those two. thanks!

EDIT: is there any way to make an addon that can overwrite a specific part of the rifle, (or the entire rifle, whatever its being overwritten just the same)

because i can include the ADS fix in a separate file, just not sure about the silencer fix, i dont really want everybody to need to re-download the pack just because of two bugs...

also, if anyone is interested in trying to crack the code on fixing the silencer, here is a trace of the bug in action, the first pyrimid of text is me scoping in and the next 3 are me attempting to scope out, also, maby i should script the mod functions better, that's awful spammy with all those packages...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:06:38 PM by zombekillz »

Hey, I thought it was just a typo at first, but you still haven't fixed the fact that "laser" is misspelled as "lazer".

This is important because LASER is an acronym which stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.

On the tri-shot rifle, it seems pretty damn cool. Something unique for once. Although there is nothing wrong with the standard FPS guns  people should try doing something new. Blockland has been at a creative standstill for a few years and maybe we can put an end to it.

"laser" is misspelled

well, the English language kicks my ass again, i guess its about time i fix that huh...

seeing as recently alot of problems have been found, and i have been thinking about things aswell, i am deciding to release a full update for this pack soon-ish, there are alot of things i feel i can do better to improve the pack along with all the fixes that need addressing, i can replace multiple packages that aren't needed and can only cause lag otherwise, improve compatibility for expansion mods so perhaps someday modders can release standalone weapon mods (EX: an akimbo mod for pistol) instead of needing to release new weapons we can make things easier and release new mods for weapons.

this means the trishot rifle will be put on hold for awhile (because it too would need a rescript to work in an update), but im sure you will appreciate the results in the end anyway.

any objections/ suggestions? (please no new content, just suggest improvements for now)

Can we spawn with ammo? Like maybe, um 5 mags? Make it changeable?

Yes... I like this new weapon!

ot: Suggestion inbound; Shotguns, bolt-action rifles, etc. Not much otherwise beyond that.

Can we spawn with ammo? Like maybe, um 5 mags? Make it changeable?

i like this idea!

also i just finished up removing tons of useless code from the weapons, it appears that only the "MAIN.cs" file from each weapon needs to have attachment scripts on it, because its scripts are called every time you mount any variant of a weapon, so i removed alot of code from all of the variant weapons, also i worked the mod item packages down from 10 packages down to only two.

none of these changes will affect the pack visually in any way, but they will cut down on a bit of lag and improve the file-size by a tiny fraction of a percent.

Where are you going, Topic? Stay on page one!

Maybe a way to balance assault rifles and SMG's could be to make all assault rifles burst fire or semi-auto and only SMG's fully automatic, so that assault rifles won't just be upgraded versions of the SMG's. Your call, though.

Hey, you know, I'm fine with however the Assault Rifle is made. Just as long as there's an Assault Rifle. c:
Same with the shotgun.

More weapons will happen, maby not as soon as we would like them too, but at some point I will have time for things again...