Poll

what should i do to the smg...

completely remove the flip clips
27 (22.9%)
keep it the same
47 (39.8%)
offer flip clips as a mod (would replace silencer)
44 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: Advanced Weapon pack [6/8/15]  (Read 91639 times)

The ammo system doesn't want to be compatible with slayer, help?

I'm not feeling it with the models.
Scripts are nice tho.

due to people seeming to have an interest in this topic again I'm going to post a change log for the next update, even though its probably not coming out any time soon, why not.

changes for next update
*armor that reacts to the type of bullet shot at it.
*armor effects that are applied when the effect item is in a players inventory, these will probably grant the player a boost to some stats or deflect some damage on to your attacker.
*different types of ammunition that are more powerful against different types of armor.
*some grenades that are stack-able in your inventory.
*new static shape bullet trails that look pretty loving amazing.
*new AK47 styled semi automatic rifle that fires as fast as you can click.
*rescripted ammo pick up system to support grenades and reduce the amount of packaged functions.
*randomized death messages that somewhat resemble those of terraria, they are also conditional, such as displaying deaths caused by drive-by shootings or long distance shots.
*moved the muzzle flash from the player's position to the muzzle's position, i have no clue why i hadn't done this sooner...
*minor bug-fixes with player movement speed and vignettes, and some other stuff too, idk yet.
*I might replace the tons of repetitive cs files and datablocks for each weapon with a script that automatically generates these datablocks based on sets of variables. Depending on the limitations of torque this might not even be possible, i haven't looked into it yet.  This will not reduce the amount of datablocks, but will make it infinitely easier to produce new mods and weapons because you wont need to reproduce these extremely similar .cs files tons of times on your own.
*some other fun stuff, who knows. :cookieMonster:

The ammo system doesn't want to be compatible with slayer, help?
strange, works for me, try disabling some other weapons that use ammo, ive heard that there are a few that conflict.

I'm not feeling it with the models.
Scripts are nice tho.
well thanks! I try...

below is a few pictures from the next update, more will be added later.

the last pic is of some of the more advanced armor I've added, the electrical beam is animated to ark over the players head while the shields are active.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:26:11 PM by zombekillz »

Neat
More weapons! Joke, but seriously, they were ages since you updated this

Clips aren't Magazines, will that be fixed?

one suggestion, make a gun that only puts your enemies to sleep rather than killing them

Clips aren't Magazines, will that be fixed?
sure :p

one suggestion, make a gun that only puts your enemies to sleep rather than killing them

that would be cool, but I'm not sure if it really fits this specific weapon pack too well... Try posting that one in the suggestions and request board, or searching it, cuz who knows, someone could have beat you to it already.

Pls, upload it to drop box or mediafire, hostr.co is blocked in russia DX

k some of the conflicting addons (they all conflict together btw)
-hells & khains
-tier + tactical

ok, little update i wanted to share with you guys, i have made EMP bullets that shoot out electricity instead of lead, this mod will be compatible with any gun and does extra damage to armor made of metal, and is resisted by carbon armor. here are some beautiful pictures that are the result of two days work.

the trail is actually a series of static shapes connected end to end and the zig-zags are randomized so you get a different shaped bolt every time you fire.

I am also still open to suggestions for bullet type mods, if you have any, feel free to put em out there.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 11:48:08 AM by zombekillz »

Make full gun conversion mods.

Like, the rifle becomes a.. Machinegun, and the Smg becomes a grenade launcher.

Like that one game that's coming out that has a function like I am saying.