Poll

what should i do to the smg...

completely remove the flip clips
27 (22.9%)
keep it the same
47 (39.8%)
offer flip clips as a mod (would replace silencer)
44 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: Advanced Weapon pack [6/8/15]  (Read 91663 times)

Sniper Rifle could use headshots. This is a really nice weapon system though. I'm loving the mods.

The names for weapon mods can be seen for miles, though. Could you make the name text that hovers above ammo and mods dissapear after a short radius?

thanks!

i love the feedback, and id like to add headshots in the next update aswell
you'll love the new weapon mod system if you like the current one, it makes the current one look like stuff :P

thanks!

i love the feedback, and id like to add headshots in the next update aswell
you'll love the new weapon mod system if you like the current one, it makes the current one look like stuff :P
Either do headshots on all guns or none though, so people can just use headshot mod and have it done with.

Either do headshots on all guns or none though, so people can just use headshot mod and have it done with.

yea ill probably do that, I'm not really familiar with any headshot weapons or mods tho, it would be nice if someone could link me to some working headshot scripts  :P

Head-shot Mod (I don't just use this because then it allows head-shots for everything: Even melee weapons.)
SG550 Sniper Rifle
Justice Rifle

Additionally, Gravity Cat's Default Weapons Pack features head-shots toggle-able with an RTB prefs but that code is pretty difficult to read.

Awsome, thanks Emmanuel, ill look those over after i finish up the sniper rifle rescripts for the next update...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 09:47:24 AM by zombekillz »

yea ill probably do that, I'm not really familiar with any headshot weapons or mods tho, it would be nice if someone could link me to some working head-shot scripts  :P
Head-shot Mod (I don't just use this because then it allows head-shots for everything: Even melee weapons.)
SG550 Sniper Rifle
Justice Rifle

Additionally, Gravity Cat's Default Weapons Pack features head-shots toggle-able with an RTB prefs but that code is pretty difficult to read.

Edit: Is there any workaround for  bots running out of ammo? I was thinking NPC versions of these weapons with no ammo or ironsight scripts, since bots can't really figure that stuff out.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:26:52 PM by Emmanuel Goldstein »

the bulk of the main functions of the pack is done (extra special things like headshots are not yet added)

you can beta test here: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=264203.0
please read the beta test topic before you download anything... THIS IS NOT A RELEASE OR AN UPDATE!

Edit: Is there any workaround for  bots running out of ammo? I was thinking NPC versions of these weapons with no ammo or ironsight scripts, since bots can't really figure that stuff out.

at the moment no, not really, good idea though...
of course you could use "/toggleammo" but that affects players too
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:44:18 PM by zombekillz »

I have an idea for an expansion. Special weapons(Taser,BOOMSTICK,RL)
Feature Idea- Bayonets and gun-butting

I have an idea for an expansion. Special weapons(Taser,BOOMSTICK,RL)
Feature Idea- Bayonets and gun-butting

i have 4 things im currently doing concept models for, LMG burst fire rifle, Morter launcher and the revival of the failed Boomstick attempt...

also, im just starting work on headshots now, going good...
Headshots added!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 04:17:23 PM by zombekillz »

Maybe make some thing like a rapid fire for the pistol or the SMG (if it fires slow)

Excuse me, but what are the "new" mods for the Rifle? Because if there isnt anything "new" for the rifle remove it from the first post please.

Excuse me, but what are the "new" mods for the Rifle? Because if there isnt anything "new" for the rifle remove it from the first post please.

although i did remove the semi auto upgrade, you can now put a silencer on it.
that counts as new to me i guess...

Say, I got an idea for a weapon to add. Depending if the final update means the final update to the three main weapons?

SHOTGUN

Possible addons could possibly include: Silencer, Semi Auto, Laser attachment, (two stock types, Spas-12 folding, Solid stock), Red dot sight?

And for current weapons addons: laser should be able to be attached to rifle and the smg sights should work with the rifle.

And that is all I gots of me mind.

Btw these weapons ROCK.

Say, I got an idea for a weapon to add. Depending if the final update means the final update to the three main weapons?

SHOTGUN

Possible addons could possibly include: Silencer, Semi Auto, Laser attachment, (two stock types, Spas-12 folding, Solid stock), Red dot sight?

And for current weapons addons: laser should be able to be attached to rifle and the smg sights should work with the rifle.

And that is all I gots of me mind.

Btw these weapons ROCK.
lol silencer on a shotgun

lol silencer on a shotgun

THEY EXIST MATE.

No seriously, it's true.