Snowboard [v.1.2.1] - First Person View Fixed [REDOWNLOAD]!

Author Topic: Snowboard [v.1.2.1] - First Person View Fixed [REDOWNLOAD]!  (Read 10848 times)

Just tried it out at your server. Nice job!

Not to steal your thunder but wasnt there a snowboard made before?
Looks pretty cool regardless.

Edit: If you added a snowboarding gamemode with points for tricks, that would be so cool.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:13:38 PM by DaBlocko »

Not to steal your thunder but wasnt there a snowboard made before?
Looks pretty cool regardless.
Yes there was, but the model was meh, and it doesn't perform like this one (not to mention the fact that it was strictly a physics vehicle spawned on a vehicle brick instead of being an item like this one).

Also, I started work on this before I knew that.

Lord Tony 2 hours ago

But you can't loving make a skateboard like I've wanted since Lego Island.
Reply  · 
he wants a skateboard :(

I said I'd make one. Patience.

I said I'd make one. Patience.
Oh sweet, I can't wait for that! :D

I'll hopefully be adding this to my ski jumping, well done.

Time to hit the slopes… er, Mod Terrain!
I wish I could hit the good ol slopes. Quick somebody make/link me a Slopes ModTer Save! (you don't have to)

can i please get a dowload link for the map in the video?

Can you make the turning circle a little bigger? at the moment the board turns too fast.

Can you make the turning circle a little bigger? at the moment the board turns too fast.
No, it decreases performance a ton. Decrease mouse sensitivity or keyboard turn rate, depending on which you use. Remember, this thing is for tricks, making it less sensitive kinda defeats the purpose. Practice will make it easier, too, guaranteed.

Also, update y'all! Skateboard variant, coming soon! http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=261071.0

No, it decreases performance a ton. Decrease mouse sensitivity or keyboard turn rate, depending on which you use. Remember, this thing is for tricks, making it less sensitive kinda defeats the purpose. Practice will make it easier, too, guaranteed.

Also, update y'all! Skateboard variant, coming soon! http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=261071.0
Hmm well how about when you press space you hop in the air slightly?
Sometimes when going over mod terrain the board hits the join and stops, also it'd be fun for tricks.
I'm hosting a snowsport RPG at the moment. Pretty much nearly finished :)

Hmm well how about when you press space you hop in the air slightly?
Sometimes when going over mod terrain the board hits the join and stops, also it'd be fun for tricks.
I'm hosting a snowsport RPG at the moment. Pretty much nearly finished :)
Unfortunately I'm not sure if this is possible, but I can try. To avoid the ModTerrain issue, though, pull up slightly with the board before hitting an up slope. This is an issue I can't really do much about (even the skis do it); I've optimized the board to avoid it as much as possible. And you can kinda "jump" already by going fast and pulling up, but obviously that's not the same, so I'll give your idea a shot.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if this is possible, but I can try. To avoid the ModTerrain issue, though, pull up slightly with the board before hitting an up slope. This is an issue I can't really do much about (even the skis do it); I've optimized the board to avoid it as much as possible. And you can kinda "jump" already by going fast and pulling up, but obviously that's not the same, so I'll give your idea a shot.
Yeah, I've noticed how the snowboard catches its front edge considerably less than the ski's when going over mod ter joints, good job on that one.
would be awesome to see the bunny hop, I'm pretty sure you can easily do it, maybe look into the horse's script?
Oh, and I'm using your snowboard for this little build, come check it out later?
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=262668.0