Snowboard [v.1.2.1] - First Person View Fixed [REDOWNLOAD]!

Author Topic: Snowboard [v.1.2.1] - First Person View Fixed [REDOWNLOAD]!  (Read 10811 times)

I made a skateboard :c
Try to make yours really good at handling, mine was decent but maybe you can go even further.

Yeah, I've noticed how the snowboard catches its front edge considerably less than the ski's when going over mod ter joints, good job on that one.
would be awesome to see the bunny hop, I'm pretty sure you can easily do it, maybe look into the horse's script?
Oh, and I'm using your snowboard for this little build, come check it out later?
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=262668.0
Sorry, not quite that simple - the horse is a playertype, and the snowboard a physics vehicle. However, I am looking into it. ;)

Also, yeah, I'll check it out, seems pretty neat.

I made a skateboard :c
Try to make yours really good at handling, mine was decent but maybe you can go even further.
Was yours a playertype or physics vehicle?

Halfway there to having functional jumping! Just have a few bugs to work out.

Odamnson

A skateboard item?! Now I can 50-50 in BL, too!
The hype is unreal

Odamnson

A skateboard item?! Now I can 50-50 in BL, too!
The hype is unreal
A skateboard already exists

Not saying BluetoothBoy shouldn't make his own, i just wanted to point that out

Yeah, a couple have been made before, but this newer one should function better. Also, I lost the Basic Skateboard file awhile back, so thanks for the link.

That's my really old stuffty topic. Not even the latest.

It is a physics vehicle: http://lugnut.co.vu/add_ons/Vehicle_Basic_Skateboard.zip

That's my really old stuffty topic. Not even the latest.

It is a physics vehicle: http://lugnut.co.vu/add_ons/Vehicle_Basic_Skateboard.zip
Neat. I have two ideas I want to try to avoid wheels turning, we'll see how it goes.

Version 1.1, which allows bunny hops, will be released on Monday! :D

Can you make it so that the player's head is turned while riding it? It is so unbearably frustrating trying to use it in outer view, especially on steeper slopes on which you simply cannot see.

Can you make it so that the player's head is turned while riding it? It is so unbearably frustrating trying to use it in outer view, especially on steeper slopes on which you simply cannot see.
Sorry, that's either impossible or very, very difficult. This snowboard is meant for stunts anyway, and first person is practically useless when performing stunts. So, that feature is unlikely; but if it does happen, just be pleasantly surprised! :)

Alright, update to version 1.1, everyone who downloaded it!

Sorry, that's either impossible or very, very difficult. This snowboard is meant for stunts anyway, and first person is practically useless when performing stunts. So, that feature is unlikely; but if it does happen, just be pleasantly surprised! :)
Code: [Select]
$leftView=new GameTSCtrl(leftView) {
   profile = "GuiContentProfile";
   horizSizing = "right";
   vertSizing = "bottom";
   position = "0 0";
   extent = getres();
   minExtent = "8 8";
   visible = "1";
   cameraZRot = "270";
   forceFOV = "0";
   noCursor = "1";