Author Topic: Parents are loving ridiculous (Another parent rant thread)  (Read 2461 times)

talk to your dad, maybe he'll tell her to stop being a mother

Tell you mom to cool her self and give you a bit more breathing room.

Tell you mom to cool her self and give you a bit more breathing room.
??? Are you serious ???
That makes her even angrier because she thinks I am calling her a bad parent and that I dont appreciate that she is "trying to protect me and keep me safe"

Alright so I was gonna take the car out tonight to go for a drive by myself and hang out.
And then my mom told me that there's no reason she can't just drop me off at the mall and let me hang out there
And I told her I wanted to take the car because I haven't been able to leave the house lately and I just wanted to go for a drive by myself
And she told me that that's not safe and I can't do that because it's not appropriate for my age
This is reasonable presuming you've had your license for a short time and its their car.
And now she wants me to give her some password for something that allows her to track my phone wherever I am because "If I dont have anything to hide then it shouldn't be a problem".
this isn't reasonable

on the car part im on their side. i wouldnt let my 16 year old daughter drive out my car alone either. because its registered to my name and under my insurance. maybe after a year or two of driving correctly

??? Are you serious ???
That makes her even angrier because she thinks I am calling her a bad parent and that I dont appreciate that she is "trying to protect me and keep me safe"
Yes, I am serious.

seduce her with weed and then drive down the block to open an orgy where people snort dried up onions up their nose

Dang that's tough, and I can certainly relate. In June, I went to a camp at Lindenwood University and my mom wanted me to send her texts about what I did that day and said I should post things on Facebook. My mom has always tried prying into all my business since forever, exactly the reason I have never talked to either parent about even the slightest of awkward things, because before I know it, I hear my grandparents and their (shouldnt really say 'their', since my dad isnt really like that) friends talking about it.

I guess eighteen is still not old enough...

does your mom work for the NSA

does your mom work for the NSA
Damn you I busted out laughing.

lol my parents are kinda strict with the one thing i use which is the internet.
i can only use it from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm even during the summer. (of course i'm on for about 90% of that time)

and whenever i ask them to take it off and tell them that tons of other people are on much later than me and aren't restricted they just say that they have "bad parenting"

hopefully when my birthday comes i can convince them to remove the restriction

my mom used to let me take the car out but like a few days ago she got an email from my ex boyfriend telling her that I do hard drugs and that hes "worried for me" and now shes all uptight and wont let me do anything even though I took a drug test and everything showed up negative.

my mom used to let me take the car out but like a few days ago she got an email from my ex boyfriend telling her that I do hard drugs and that hes "worried for me" and now shes all uptight and wont let me do anything even though I took a drug test and everything showed up negative.
actually start smoking weed

that'll show that little bitch