Poll

How do i design body color?

Original Concept (Black body, Cyan Stripes)
Player avatar color for body, black stripes
Black body, Player avatar color for stripes

Author Topic: Feral Hound playertype [MS3D]  (Read 10923 times)

Hi, first time really posting something on this forum, and i hope i don't mess it up too much. But I've recently started trying to make this:
(Feral Hound)
inside of Blockland.
So far i've made the model itself, and attempted to put a skeleton on it (failed twice). but this is about what i've gotten so far:

I haven't managed to do any animations or skeletons yet, but it's going along well. been done!
In case anyone's wondering, I took inspiration from ArmyUnit's Bugs and MAS playertype designs.
feel free to rate x/10, and if anyone could package this when it's ready (or at least give advice on packaging) that'd be awesome.
>>shameless self advertising wooo<<
Known Bugs:
  • 50% chance of crashing
  • Cannot change body color
UPDATES:
  • Now has a skeleton!
  • Forward run animation done, MS3D now crashing when i export the animations. So yeah...
  • Now Does tricks!
  • Finally able to export this thing, root was breaking it. Also, getting error messages in console when I try loading it manually. More animations done. How few can i get away with for a first test?
  • This model now enters the game! ...Only problem is it's on backwards. >.<

OPEN TO ADVICE!
This is going along really well, you people really know how to help a guy out!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:23:55 PM by the_stitch »

omg i like it :D
Yeah, i draw stuff like this all the time, but i wanted to see if i could put it in BL. Plus, I just really wanted to do a mod based on 'em. This has no teeth, btw. lol

Doesn't look too bad, nice job.

This looks promising so far.
Are you planning to add some detail to the face(like the eyes and maybe more of the mouth) like the drawing has?

This looks promising so far.
Are you planning to add some detail to the face(like the eyes and maybe more of the mouth) like the drawing has?
I hope so if it has mouth it can bite?

Do complete.

I hope you do well.

I wish to use this once done.

I now have a plan for it....muhahahahahahaha

Thanks for the support, everyone! I'm excited to release this once it's ready. But i really need someone to explain how to export the dsq animations in milkshape. Also, those aren't eyes, they're nostrils. It sees with smell/sound.

Sharp angles look blergh in Blockland. The rest looks really good tho.

Also, those aren't eyes, they're nostrils. It sees with smell/sound.
Ah, that's neat.

Please finish this so i can make weekly videos of it
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 01:27:25 PM by Lego lad »

by the by, can anyone help me package this? kinda have no clue.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:15:01 PM by the_stitch »

Say, from what I saw on your website, i'm gonna say that you might make the rest? and maybe a custom space marine to go with?

Or am I just speculating things.

dude those are amazing creature concepts

Say, from what I saw on your website, i'm gonna say that you might make the rest? and maybe a custom space marine to go with?

Or am I just speculating things.
Funny thing is, there ARE colonists, but most of them were earth hobos, etc. And honestly, i want to, but these things are really hard to make. My program crashes whenever i try to export, So i may just post up what i could finish.
Also, thanks so much for the kind words, I really like making those, and the amazement people get makes it all worth it!